Volunteer Anyone????

There's so much AKTI members would like us to do -- anyone with some time to help??

Someone could search knife showcalendars to add links to AKTI's web site -- and contact promoters about posting an AKTI sign for membership.

Someone could help search good knife information sites for links from AKTI's site

Someone could expand on our list of knife clubs and organizations -- help us plan a recruiting effort.

Other ideas -- I have a pile of things that COULD be done -- but we need someone with an interest or passion in a certain area. We know, everyone is busy, but every little bit of volunteering will make a step in the right direction.

Jan

------------------
Jan Billeb
Executive Director, AKTI

Jan is right. AKTI can only be successful if we have volunteers. It is not possible for the board to "do all of the work" in addition to what they are already doing.

sal

I'd like to volunteer for something -- do you need any work done on the website, maybe?

Yes! Some of the above ideas include doing the web site stuff. Send me an email with info of what you'd like to do, your experience, and your phone number akti@akti.org or give me a call (877) 752-8770 (toll free) or (319) 752-8770. If I'm out, leave your number and I'll call back.
Jan

------------------
Jan Billeb
Executive Director, AKTI

Jan, please check your e-mail.
biggrin.gif

Jan,

Your entire site needs to be rebuilt. No offense but the meta tags are not properly coded, the images need to be reworked and the navigation is a mess. KILL THE COUNTER
smile.gif

I offer my services at no charge. Also you are nowhere to be found in the search engines. This is a major problem.

Example: Someone searching Google will not enter AKTI to find you. If they do that then they could simply just go directly to your site, right? Chances are they will enter "knife law".

<a href="http://www.google.com/search?q=%22knife+law%22&num=20&hl=en&safe=off"> Click Here!</a>

While there, do a search for
<a href="http://www.google.com/search?q=%22spyderco+knives%22&num=20&hl=en&safe=off"> Spyderco knives</a>
<a href="http://www.google.com/search?q=%22benchmade+knives%22&num=20&hl=en&safe=off"> Benchmade Knives</a>

Or any knife related search. See who comes up more times than anyone else. This is how you build traffic. Traffic = Members & Members = $$$ to help you do what you need to do.

There is a reason why BladeForums.com and 1 Stop Knife Shop are at the top of all the major search engines and even the current best reatyed search engine, Google. I am good at doing that and I can do the same for you.

Also did you go over the ideas I talked with you about? Those would surely help.

And I could use some ammo on the following thread if you and Sal could lend a hand.

<a href="http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum25/HTML/000966.html"> Click Here!</a>

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
Show Your Support -Visit Our Sponsors - Click On The Banners!
Visit www.onestopknifeshop.com
Sales from 1 Stop Knife Shop help support this site!
Also check out our new auction promo site.
www.wow-direct.com

Mike,
Thanks for the offer - no offense - and we'll take you up on it. My college-age son and I have been trying to do the web site on bare bones budget. We're novice and would be glad to learn from someone who has been successful!
Do you want to start by sending me revised meta tags? and we'll kill the counter.
Jan

------------------
Jan Billeb
Executive Director, AKTI

Actually Jan let me rebuild the site. THere is more to it and I can't say in public as what I do is secret. In fact I will need your word that the discussions we have will go no further as I have developed techniques over many years of building and promoting sites that I do nto want in the hands of competitors.

Case in point.

Here is the before of the Outdoor Edge web site.
www.outdooredge.com/old

and the after.. www.outdooredge.com

Same thing with Camillus www.camillusknives.com/old

and after www.camillusknives.com

All I will need is FTP access to the site for about 2 days and I can rebuild the site. I will not tell anyone how I do what I do. Even Spark does not know
smile.gif

Then afterwards you will have a rebuilt site and I will submit it to the search engines. In a matter of weeks you will see a difference.

Let me know if we can do this as I would really love to see this work.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
Show Your Support -Visit Our Sponsors - Click On The Banners!
Visit www.onestopknifeshop.com
Sales from 1 Stop Knife Shop help support this site!
Also check out our new auction promo site.
www.wow-direct.com

Mike,
We have a board meeting the end of the month and I'll present your offer to rework the site. We'll be in touch.

About your other ideas - we just touched on them - I will also add your comments to the agenda and hope there is time to discuss them.

Jan

------------------
Jan Billeb
Executive Director, AKTI

Mike,

Thanks for your offer to rework the AKTI web site which we discussed that the recent AKTI board meeting. We respect your abilities, but are concerned that since someday we will need to move the site and have to regularly maintain it, it would not be good to have "secret" things done to it. If you are willing to give me direction for improvements that don't deal with your secret knowledge, I'm sure it would be useful.

Jan

------------------
Jan Billeb
Executive Director, AKTI

Back