VTOKU Sprint Run

Wondering if the knife I paid for in January will make it to me by Xmas.
First and last time I preorder a knife.

I bet it will be February.
My Pre order is only a few months after yours.

Take it with you! All you gotta do is make sure it's clean and dry before you put it away, or back in your pocket. Do this and you won't have to worry about rust. Don't let a little worry of rust make you leave an incredible slicer at home. Life is too short to worry about patinas. If you take care of your stuff, then rust is over-rated.

ZQP5ZOR.jpg
Can I ask where you got the deep-carry clip?

I pre-ordered a VTOKU Stretch from Knifecenter about a week ago. After reading this thread, I now realize I probably have no chance of getting one. I had no idea you all had been waiting this long for them to drop. I've been burned a couple of times in the past on KC pre-orders, but it's been a few years since I tried. I love the Stretch, but I keep losing them. I may have to settle for another VG-10 version. Boring but functional.

I pre-ordered a VTOKU Stretch from Knifecenter about a week ago. After reading this thread, I now realize I probably have no chance of getting one. I had no idea you all had been waiting this long for them to drop. I've been burned a couple of times in the past on KC pre-orders, but it's been a few years since I tried. I love the Stretch, but I keep losing them. I may have to settle for another VG-10 version. Boring but functional.

I have had good experience buying directly (not through pre-order) from KC, but this problem of pre-orders not being fulfilled is just ridiculous. A dealer should know how many pieces of a sprint run it will receive, correct? If so, it should be easy for the dealer to decide when to stop taking pre-orders.

I have had good experience buying directly (not through pre-order) from KC, but this problem of pre-orders not being fulfilled is just ridiculous. A dealer should know how many pieces of a sprint run it will receive, correct? If so, it should be easy for the dealer to decide when to stop taking pre-orders.
You'd think, but based on what they say when you do pre-order, they expect to get quite a few but they don't have an exact figure. Hopefully, I'll luck out, or find it somewhere else if KC doesn't pan out. Here's the disclaimer they post on pre-order knives:

Disclaimer: Although we have a large quantity on order with the manufacturer and through distribution, we are not provided with any details as to how many we will receive. We expect most of the pre-orders to be filled, however, cannot guarantee that all pre-orders will be filled. Orders will be shipped based on pre-order date. Due to the very limited nature of this item and its high demand, we reserve the right to limit the quantity to one per customer.

As I think you've realize, the key to pre-orders is to get in early. If I know I'm late getting in for a knife that's bound to be hot I won't even bother to sign up. Instead I just watch the threads here and over on the Spyderco Forum for people to post who has the knife in stock. Sometimes I will sign up for the pre-order but cancel it after I find it elsewhere. I've never missed a sprint or exclusive I want. Sometimes I end up with two by accident.

I think you still have a great chance of getting a V-Toku Stretch. You may not get it through your KC pre-order but it should be pretty easy to get the Stretch from another dealer. It's not quite as popular as the other models. So there's usually not the typical frenzy. Just watch the V-Toku threads. I'd be glad to help you if you'd like.

As I think you've realize, the key to pre-orders is to get in early. If I know I'm late getting in for a knife that's bound to be hot I won't even bother to sign up. Instead I just watch the threads here and over on the Spyderco Forum for people to post who has the knife in stock. Sometimes I will sign up for the pre-order but cancel it after I find it elsewhere. I've never missed a sprint or exclusive I want. Sometimes I end up with two by accident.

I think you still have a great chance of getting a V-Toku Stretch. You may not get it through your KC pre-order but it should be pretty easy to get the Stretch from another dealer. It's not quite as popular as the other models. So there's usually not the typical frenzy. Just watch the V-Toku threads. I'd be glad to help you if you'd like.
That'd be great. Thanks!

I went ahead and ordered an MXG Ti deep carry clip for the non existent knife I paid for 11 months ago.
Maybe that will will it into existence.

Someone sold a second of a VToku2 Stretch on FB.
They’re out here selling the seconds when we don’t even have the prepaid firsts!

Someone sold a second of a VToku2 Stretch on FB.
They’re out here selling the seconds when we don’t even have the prepaid firsts!

I saw that.... Why even bother pre paying.

I have been waiting since March for the Stretch.
Then I see some in the wild for sale and figure the release is very near.

Nope.
Check out this email.

Dear Valued Customer,

At this time, it appears that your order may not be delivered in time for Christmas. If it is meant to be a gift, please contact us to verify the arrival time or to substitute for an "In Stock" item that is available for immediate shipment. If part of your order is in stock and you would like us to partially ship, please let us know (additional shipping may apply).

Thank you

I called and the lady on the other end said they are waiting for Spyderco to ship it to them.
No date when it is to happen.

Last edited:
You’ve seen the Stretches in stock? I can’t find any. It’s almost like whack-a-mole, you just gotta wait for them to pop up.

Back