VTOKU Sprint Run

I have alerts on the Stretch and nothing has popped.

Which is weird because I bought a One Eyed Jack last week and normally as soon as I get a new Knife something I've been waiting for releases.

At this rate I could have learned knife making and forged my own Stretch in VToku by the time this thing gets released!

Btw, it sounds like this is going to be the last time there is a "themed" color/steel Seki Sprint family.

So, does the outer layer soft steel scratches up easily? Is the core steel on par with hap40 or super blue? For whatever reason I wanted to buy the vtoku2 endura and delica but have not either.

The cladding portion of these laminated blades scratch if you look at them wrong! This is with the SB, HAP40 and the Vtoku2. I have owned multiples in all 3. Vtoku2 gets stupid sharp very easily like SB and holds the edge as good, if not better, than HAP40.

So, does the outer layer soft steel scratches up easily?

The cladding on my Delica has not scratched as easily as the cladding on the HAPs and SBs.

Both SuperBlue and HAP Delicas I owned looked like a scouring pad was taking to it after slicing some cardboard.
The V-TOKU cladding nowhere as bad.

Steel is a dream for touch up.
On par to HAP.

Cutting edge develops a stunning patina like SuperBlue.

qepoq95.jpg

I recently went back and looked... I prepaid for the Vtoku Stretch on 1/4/18.
It literally been a year...
:poop:

Whats to "021V" on the blade for?

Last edited:
Too bad this steel was not offered on the G10 handled Dragonfly 2. I have often wondered if the blades could be swapped successfully between a sprint run and the regular production item.

I recently went back and looked... I prepaid for the Vtoku Stretch on 1/4/18.
It literally been a year...
:poop:

Whats to "021V" on the blade for?

021 = Collectors Club Number (Owner gets all his knives with 021 on them); you can't really see it on the Tropen due to light reflection

V = Variant i.e. in this case a sprint run

Back