VTOKU Sprint Run

V-TOKU2 is a high carbon steel.
Like SuperBlue and 52100.
Keep it dry.
I know, I have the Endura from this series and this one is behaving differently being much more rust prone.

Is it possible they might have heat treated these differently than knives made earlier in the series (ie the Endura and Delica)?

I found that getting the edge to patina helps with preventing rust. Maybe forcing it will help.

Finally have a tracking number from SMKW. They sold out of what they had in stock this week but evidently didn’t bother to first ship out the preorders from last year... last time I go that route.

Objectively, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this Vtoku2 sprint... other than I am a total idiot.
As it turns out, of the three Stretches I have owned all evidently have been the ORIGINAL Stretch model.
I purchased all on the secondary market and never realized that they weren't Stretch2 models.

So, after 375 days of waiting, much to my chagrin, annoyance, and due to my own oversight, I've received a different model knife than I thought I was receiving!
Its larger than I like.. weird cause it visually doesn't seem that far off, but feels very different and the egos are not what I am used to.
Its fine, I'll sell it or trade it for something else I want (like the upcoming Para3 LW), but I cannot believe that after all this time this is how it ends.
Hilarious.

VbTgOl1.jpg

1SHMhEw.jpg

Objectively, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this Vtoku2 sprint... other than I am a total idiot.
As it turns out, of the three Stretches I have owned all evidently have been the ORIGINAL Stretch model.
I purchased all on the secondary market and never realized that they weren't Stretch2 models.

So, after 375 days of waiting, much to my chagrin, annoyance, and due to my own oversight, I've received a different model knife than I thought I was receiving!
Its larger than I like.. weird cause it visually doesn't seem that far off, but feels very different and the egos are not what I am used to.
Its fine, I'll sell it or trade it for something else I want (like the upcoming Para3 LW), but I cannot believe that after all this time this is how it ends.
Hilarious.

VbTgOl1.jpg

1SHMhEw.jpg

That’s funny, and they are quite different as you see. The “open” butte end curve is something I like because the 1 would make me squeeze my hand in and it wasn’t a good fit.

At least with this one your “error” will result in at least breaking even (or even a profit) if you hold it a few weeks then sell it after the dealers are all out.

Looks like it will be less than a few weeks as dealers seem to be selling out really quickly!

Interesting! If this is a different knife than my HAP40 or ZDP stretch, then maybe I could justify it? Or are these both the same knife too?

Been spending so much money lately,prolly gonna have to get one secondhand :(

Interesting! If this is a different knife than my HAP40 or ZDP stretch, then maybe I could justify it? Or are these both the same knife too?

Been spending so much money lately,prolly gonna have to get one secondhand :(
Depends if yours are the Stretch or Stretch 2...also you’re going to spend more secondhand since these are sprints. Once dealers sell out the prices start rising.

I've had mine (Stretch 2) about 10 days now... great knife for the price...but it had some things I needed to address...

The FRN needed some micro-mesh sanding on the inside... some serious rub.

The lock bar spring and underside of the lock bar (Where they mate) needed some file work and smoothing (was super crunchy)

The Liners were really rough around the pivot out of the box(Micro-Meshed), and the edges needed some rounding since it also affected the smoothness of the lock bar. Easy to spot the rub areas either by scratches or a lil bit of black marker rub off...

Rock solid after some finagling.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5xZy9ExHX3oVFYSg7

With limited funds... should I go delica or stretch? I think I may want the delica if anyone has a second or any leads!

Back