VTOKU Sprint Run

We generally offer the exotic steels in the FRN format as they are more affordable and more afi's get to try out the material without spending custom prices. Whether any of these steels show up in other models or variations is primarily the result of requests here.sal
My two favorite knives of all time from any brand or maker are the Manix2 (#1) and the PM2 (#2). Put it on one of those and I'm in like Flynn. I own 7 of the first and 5 of the latter. :)

In for an endura. Think it will be my first knife ill put a patina on. Hoping it takes a nice patina like I have seen super blue and hap40 take.

Can't wait for these to drop! Gonna grab a Stretch 2 or 2 and maybe do some mods! Love the SB and HAP40 sprints, laminated blades just look so cool! Especially after a bit of patina action :cool:

This could be a sign for me to try out a Stretch.

Just trusting my memory here but it was about 4-5 months on the HAP40 sprint from the catalog till release.

This could be a sign for me to try out a Stretch.

Just trusting my memory here but it was about 4-5 months on the HAP40 sprint from the catalog till release.
That sounds about right to me. The tend to release the frn ones together, so im sure that always takes alot of QC and time to gather them up first.

I’m probably only in for a Dragonfly now, I’m trying to cut way back this year.

On the fence, but if I jump it'll be towards a Stretch.

Ah, screw it, I fell clean off the fence and pre ordered one.
IDK what I was thinking anyhow, Stretch is maybe my favorite knife ever.
Also, I just kind of want that FRN handle color:
juPQW8T.jpg

Last edited:
My hope is that the Sal decides to release an Endura with the Emerson Wave as part of the sprint.

If it’s full scandi even better. Those who got problems being too thin can add their microbevel. The steel should be able to take it with low angles.

Got it, Scandi ground blade with an opener and let's not forget the G10 handles with new milled Ti liners.

I think these new steel sprint runs are pretty much a lock. Manbug, Ladybug, Dragonfly, Delica, Endura, Stretch. All with matching FRN handles in a new colour for the run. No other surprises get sprung.

I'll probably go Stretch or Endura...maybe both! Surprised these aren't more expensive, I have to assume that it's an easier steel to grind than HAP 40 but the cladding process has got to have a decent cost to it.

I'll probably go Stretch or Endura...maybe both! Surprised these aren't more expensive, I have to assume that it's an easier steel to grind than HAP 40 but the cladding process has got to have a decent cost to it.

Hap 40 has a lot more alloys, especially vanadium and cobalt. It would be much more difficult to work with than V-Toku2.

Back