VTOKU Sprint Run

What's up with this? Are they just saying they sold out of their expected deliveries? BHQ still has an "email me when available" option.

Screenshot_20180313-194140.png

yep. they stop preordering and when stock shows up they list it assuming they get more stock than preorders taken.

I hope they last longer than hap40, but I’ll probably only get a stretch 2 for myself and a dragonfly for my brother.

Edit: I’ve changed my mind, so, I flip flopped! I’m getting as many different models as I can afford!

Last edited:
I'm in for an Endura and a Stretch for sure. Possibly a backup of each and a Delica. If the steel performs similar to 52100 at a fraction of the cost without having to worry about corrosion in the pivot area, these will be a huge win IMO.

They haven’t been released at all, fear not...word to the wise though, don’t use KC for pre orders (or anything in my opinion) they are notorious for screwing people by overselling (or selling out of stock models and not telling you).

I'm pretty sure if that ^^website had them they won't sell them place has redicules prices on spyderco

I don’t have a stretch2 yet, can anyone confirm that the thickness of the blade is now about t1mm thinner, as listing seems to suggest? I like my lammies thick, like at least .125”!!! Either way, I’m on for a stretch2, man and womanbug, er ladybug, don’t know if I wanna try the dragonfly(never owned one) or just get another endura. I freakin love frn btw!!
I never buy Golden models in 52100, which is why I like the lammies so much, best of both worlds! My hap40 manbug and hap40caly3 go everywhere I go! My lonely stretch in zdp is anxiously awaiting this vtoku2 stretch2!

Off the subject, I’m keeping my sb ladybug ina drawer until the calypso jr in superblue comes out! Please make it come out this year! Pretty please!?!

Last edited:
I don’t have a stretch2 yet, can anyone confirm that the thickness of the blade is now about t1mm thinner, as listing seems to suggest? I like my lammies thick, like at least .125”!!! Either way, I’m on for a stretch2, man and womanbug, er ladybug, don’t know if I wanna try the dragonfly(never owned one) or just get another endura. I freakin love frn btw!!
I never buy Golden models in 52100, which is why I like the lammies so much, best of both worlds! My hap40 manbug and hap40caly3 go everywhere I go! My lonely stretch in zdp is anxiously awaiting this vtoku2 stretch2!

Off the subject, I’m keeping my sb ladybug ina drawer until the calypso jr in superblue comes out! Please make it come out this year! Pretty please!?!

I'm also still curious on how thin they'll be ground. The HAP40 Stretch was ground thinner, and I quite like it. It's a slicing champ!

Some of them are shipping. I believe Deadboxhero (big brown bear - Shawn) has done some testing. I saw a post on our site forum.

sal

For some reason I don't like laminated blades (OCD?). I sold all of my Hap40 and Superblue knives. I may buy a DF2 in VTOKU and give it another try though because the DF2 is my 2nd favorite model and the lack of options outside of these laminated steels means I need to maybe be more open-minded if I want to expand my collection. Might as well grab one now while they are available at retail price.

For some reason I don't like laminated blades (OCD?). I sold all of my Hap40 and Superblue knives. I may buy a DF2 in VTOKU and give it another try though because the DF2 is my 2nd favorite model and the lack of options outside of these laminated steels means I need to maybe be more open-minded if I want to expand my collection. Might as well grab one now while they are available at retail price.

Could you elaborate why you dont like laminated blades? Will the blades get scratched up more easily due to the softer out steel layer?

Back