VTOKU Sprint Run

For some reason I don't like laminated blades (OCD?). I sold all of my Hap40 and Superblue knives. I may buy a DF2 in VTOKU and give it another try though because the DF2 is my 2nd favorite model and the lack of options outside of these laminated steels means I need to maybe be more open-minded if I want to expand my collection. Might as well grab one now while they are available at retail price.

Same here, I don’t understand why not just using Vtoku steel by itself. A cost factor maybe?

Could you elaborate why you dont like laminated blades? Will the blades get scratched up more easily due to the softer out steel layer?

I can't. I really don't know. Haha. Just a mental OCD thing. No real reason.

If I had to try to narrow it down, I guess the scatches on the laminated blades do look unappealing on these knives vs the other ones I have or have had.

If you keep a laminated blade in your pocket with s30v knives, or other metal objects the scratch pattern can look pretty far out. I assume softer scratches can be buffed out. Hard use will cause some scratches as well, such as with a fixed blade like fallkniven. But I prefer a stainless jacket over a non stainless like v-toku2 or superblue.

Same here. My package has bounced all over the Midwest! Hopefully I’ll get it soon, I hate it when the mail is so inefficient.

I’m seeing the Blade HQ version has a satin clip on the endura, but the description says black. Anyone know for sure? I’m really hoping for satin.

My Endura with V-TOKU2 has SUS410 marked for outer lamination.
This is identical to HAP-40 blades.

The early advertisement release has a typo.

Regards,
FK

Got mine a couple of days ago(my biggest reason for getting this is the awesome color cause you know the quality and steel are great anyway )forced a patina with vinegar didn't look quite as nice as Deadboxhero's version ,but the guys a beast...did some whittlin on a piece of oak and cut some cardboard it really has a screaming edge thanks Spydercrew.

is it not stainless? ive got muriatic acid but ive got gun blue too. if it isnt stainless ill do that

Been carrying my Endura for 3 days now, it's starting to patina a bronze color. I intentionally cut up a lemon with it and made sure to evenly cover the blade, no rust just the color change.

By the way, cut a bunch of medium weight cardboard with it and it's still hard popping on the factory edge. Nothing remotely approaching a scientific test (but real world for me) but it looks like both toughness and edge retention are very good with this stuff. I'm gonna take a small leap here and at this point say it's performing at least on par with D2 or S30V as far as ER.

The back-lock on mine sits a little proud from the scales when closed. Anyone notice the same on their Endura V-toku?

None on mine,,,, I find that some back locks have grit or other stuff in the blade notch.
Take a toothpick and try to remove any buffing compound or other debris from the area.

Regards,
FK

None on mine,,,, I find that some back locks have grit or other stuff in the blade notch.
Take a toothpick and try to remove any buffing compound or other debris from the area.

Regards,
FK
It’s only proud when closed, I’m assuming it stops on the blade tang. The only way I can see it getting better is grinding the tang down a bit. Frustrating, but it is what it is. I probably won’t mess with it since it’s still LNIB.

Back