VZ Grips Rock -- Show 'Em If You've Got 'Em

i'm most impressed with the consitent visual appearnance

the aggressive grip is not me

i'm developing a theory, i'll run by Ethan later

i want a "standard unit of grip"

so imagine the handles don't change, but the stock blade width does.

that means the stock blade width + stock handle grip width as a sum, varies

so, from model to model, there is variation

i hate that

so, liners

so, if the thickest stock + stock handles === standard

i would honestly want to see any knives with thinner stock come with liners to product "standard grip"

i want to love the RBK, but it hurt's my hands, and i think that's because the standard grip width is lacking

could be me, but probalby, it's the tool

I got a set I put on my RBK with some gray shower pan liner (~2mm) as, uh, liners. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet; the VZ's do seem a little "sharp" on the checkering. ....but I tend to like gloves with big choppers anyway. I'll try to get out this weekend and report back with some pics. As for the liners: I don't have big hands, but I have used the RBK with the stock Grivory and I'm going to concur with Bladite - the grip seems slim outta the box.

Adding width to the 21 is a must imo . Liner option from KaBar would be great ! I wanted the VZ's but didn't pull the trigger on them cause of the sharp edges , but KaBar cash days came around and I got 2 pair and will put on my 5 and 10 if the grips ever get here .

Last edited:
VZ's finally got here! Put them on my 5 & 10 and like others have said I would not recommend these for large choppers unless you like wearing gloves but they look very cool. But I will recommend these to anyone think the stock handles are slippery.

ry%3D400

Last edited:
Hey Nix , balancing the knife just behind the forward screw it's slightly blade heavy . It does take some wheight off the blade for sure . It still feels good !

Wow, after a little use time with a stock 5 and a VZ 5 I would say the VZ's where made for the 5 . I don't like them on the 10 . The 5 has never felt better !

Little fire prep with the RBK and the VZ's. Used gloves, mostly - but did try them out gloveless. They seemed fine - though I don't doubt they could do a little hand damage during extended use without gloves.....though the few swings I took without gloves felt fine.

23057570013_6c87306aba_b.jpg

23057581283_ba01f49dfd_b.jpg

I've got shower pan liners under mine to fill out the grip a bit:

23658623636_36d52bba34_b.jpg

23684704275_1e1ddb6c16_b.jpg

You sir, are a rapscallion of the highest degree.

Why Murph; what ever do you mean?

Hey Nix , balancing the knife just behind the forward screw it's slightly blade heavy . It does take some wheight off the blade for sure . It still feels good !

Wow, after a little use time with a stock 5 and a VZ 5 I would say the VZ's where made for the 5 . I don't like them on the 10 . The 5 has never felt better !

Yeah imma have to get some now.... Dang.... :D

Back