1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

W.i.p. it

Discussion in 'Turley Knives' started by bindlestitch, Nov 16, 2010.

1. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    This is the next batch.
    Four Soldier rivers, two Gasconades and a Missouri river.
    [​IMG]

Looks like the clamp truck blew up on my desk. heh. I need to get some more quick clamps. Is it obvious that I have no organizational skills?
    [​IMG]

The Missouri is lagging behind a little because I had to anneal the 5160 I used.
    It's got the standard reverse varied grind, it's rough ground on one side here.
    [​IMG]

And this weekend Skab brought the awesome painting he did to give to me in person. I'm honored, man. So much so that I displayed it loud and proud in the shop.
    [​IMG]

:thumbup:

Iz

2. skab8541

skab8541

Dec 6, 2006
    Looking good Iz. But isn't that big one in the first photo a Z- Sere??

3. ohski

ohski

Apr 24, 2009
    Nope... that looks like the MO to me... I bet the grind line is throwing you off.

Nice work on the painting...!

Ski

4. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    Skabber's right, it's a z-sere in the first pic. Second pic is the Missouri.
    The Missouri is for a customer the z-sere is for sitting and collecting dust.:eek:
    :thumbup:
    Iz

5. LMT66

LMT66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Looking good Iz. I can say that whoever has a SR coming is going to be very happy campers!

6. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    Thanks, brother!:thumbup:
    Iz

7. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    Finish sanded the Missouri and got it ready for scales today. The rest of the day I glued up handles on the three other knives and rough shaped the three I glued up yesterday.

[​IMG]

After I shaped the red linen it looked like Elmo blew up on the grinder.:D
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow it's time to get the scales ready and glued up on the Missouri and rough shape the three other knives that should be set up by then.
    Doubt I get any totally finished until Monday.
    Iz

8. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    This batch is done except for sheaths for five of them.
    Well the Missouri is lagging about a day behind because I had to anneal it first.
    Got the handle rough shaped though, hopefully done tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Iz