W. Washington Knife-Shows?

glockman99

RIP Dann, you were a good guy.
Does anyone have a line on any Knife-Shows coming-up in Western Washington? (Olympia or Tacoma area)?

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

I think there's one twice a year in Tacoma. There was one this summer, and I think one should be coming up again before the end of the year.

Too bad the CMWE was canceled.
frown.gif
That's the only show I've been to and it was a really cool show.

Maybe we can all try to meet at the Tacoma show.

~Mitch

------------------
My Hobby Page

UW Mitch,

Yah, I went to the one in Tacoma earlier this Summer (on Saturday), held at Freighthouse Square.

I was hoping to meet some other "Forumites" there (we had all "talked" about it), but it just didn't happen.
frown.gif
(Later, I did find out that I was standing right next to one of "us", looking at knives at the same knife-table...).

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

Yeah, I remember reading about that. For the next one coming up, if I can make it I'd be willing to look like a dork and wear a nametag that said "UW Mitch - Bladeforum member"

Who's with me?

~Mitch

------------------
My Hobby Page

Hey glockman99, there is a show going on this week end in Pooeyyallup
confused.gif

Never was much of a speller, but I think you know what I mean.

Ron (muzzleup) of Bummerton.

------------------
Ron,
Now Thets-A-Noif Shop
Bremerton, Washington

muzzleup,

Thanks for the heads-up on the Puyallup show, but I FOUGHT Seattle traffic YESTERDAY (It was "wall-to-wall" from about Olympia ALL the way to Seattle AND BACK!!!), and I don't want to even SEE another "freeway" for a few days...YUCK...
smile.gif

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

HI Folks,
It is nice to see other knife nuts that are from washington. I have been a collector for years, and just a year ago, I really got into collecting the automatics. I have alot in the last year, and learned alot too. Well, I just wanted to hop in and say hi, and I will be around.
Irishman

------------------
<html>
<body>

</body>
</html>

Irishman10,

Shhhhhhh...about "automatic knives".
biggrin.gif

...Remember...They are SO dangerous, that they are illegal here in Washington State...
smile.gif

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

Maybe he's an LEO. I'd love to own an auto.
frown.gif
I guess I could always go into law enforcement...I'm not sure if they're going to be looking for many electrical engineers though.
rolleyes.gif

~Mitch

------------------
My Hobby Page

I found the show in Tacoma to be a little underwhelming, but knives are always nice to see.
I believe the show in Puyallup Ron mentioned is the Washington Arms Collectors show. They have a couple every month I think, some are in Puyallup and some are in Monroe. The ones in Puyallup are at the fairgrounds. It's five bucks to get in unless you have a membership, which is twenty (but I wouldn't sign up this late in the year, since it's only good through 2000)..
At the one this weekend I saw some handmade knives f/s by maker, some boxes of old bayonets, some private collections, some junk-drawer knives, a couple of tables selling Spyderco, Benchmade, Cold Steel, Gerber etc.. I usually also see a couple of guys who have some CRK stuff.
Note that knives are not the main focus of the show -- there were also blowguns, hunting stuff, beef jerky, survivalist literature, guns, ammunition, and, for some reason, beanie babies.
confused.gif

There's not usually much of a selection, I mean, I'd love to go to a real blade show sometime, but it's a fun day out anyway.

Hey MItch,
I am not sure where you got the Leo thing, nor do I know what it has to do with anything. But you sure hit that on the head. As a matter of fact, today is my birthday. The best knife show I have been to was in Oregon. It is like disney land. You need two days to go through everything. They have Spokes people from all the major knife brands, as well from dealers from all over the world. Plus the autos are legal there. BTW, I have two brothers, and a brother in-law that are in law inforcement. Ones the sargent of the county. If you are guilty of lighting a firecracker, you are in the same amount of trouble of owning an auto. It is the same law. Small fine, maybe. You would lose the knife. At least here. I am not sure what the state patrol would do to you on I-5. Most of the states allow you to own them in some sort of fashion. Collection, personal possesion, with or with out a permit. Ect. The way I see it though is, don't carry them, only collect them. That whole leo thing has got me thinking though. Is it in my personal prophile? You certainly did not just guess it.
Regards,
Irishman

Hello fellow webfeet!

Does anyone know of a website or anyplace for that matter, that spells out concealed carry laws in plain english?

I have a "Concealed Pistol Permit" for my sidearms, but what about blades? Also I wonder why it used to be called a "Concealed WEAPONS Permit????

Asking the LEO's seem to get a real cold repsonse.

Thanks,
Roger

Irishman,
Actually I said the LEO thing somewhat in jest, as the I believe it is specifically illegal to own or posess autos in Washington unless you are in some law enforcement related job, and even then, I was under the impression that there was additional paperwork to go along with it.

Perhaps I should just call someone at Seattle PD and find out what they're take on it is. According to the UWPD, knives much be under 3" and not fixxed blade. I guess most of my pocket knives push the 3" limit
rolleyes.gif

I plan to take the intro Handgun safety class at WSI in Bellevue...hopefully that class will help shed some light on the laws surrounding these issues.

~Mitch

------------------
My Hobby Page

Back to shows in western Washington: According to Knife World's show calendar, the next show listed (so far) for Tacoma is March 18-19, 2001, the Northwest Knife Collectors Club Show at Freight House Square. For information, call 253-927-3909.

If you're not familiar with Knife World, I think it is the best knife publication available in the US today. Monthly they have articles on antique knives, custom knives, tactical knives, military knives, razors, etc. Bernard Levine has the "Whut Izzit?" column. They have a show calendar, a club corner, want ads, and a lot more. It's $12/year. The address is Box 3395, Knoxville, TN 37927.

Someone asked about knife laws -- look up Bernard Levine's homepage (listed elsewhere in his section of BladeForums) where he lists all the various state laws as they pertain to knives & concealed weapons.

Back