• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

W2 Santoku - Elk Antler & Curly Koa (SOLD)

Knight Owl Forge

Bladesmith
For Sale - 5.75 inch Santoku - Hand-Forged Knife - Free Shipping

Description - This blade is a result of dialing in my differential hardening techniques. It is made from Aldo's newer W2 steel, and differential hardening using clay to create a beautiful hamon. The shape and design is fairly traditional with a slightly curved edge with a low point. Although the hamon is beautiful, my favorite part of this blade is the handle. I used a piece of stabilized elk antler to create the bolster and capped it with some brass spacers. I used the asymmetrical cross section to base the rest of the handle off of. It is designed to be most comfortable for right-handed users. The handle wood is stabilized curly koa, and has a few thousands of an inch relief between the transition between handle and bolster (as seen on high end blades). This allows the wood to move without it creating a hard transition between bolster and handle. Performance was the number one priority in this build... the bevel and edge geometry is very slim and ideal, the weight and size is great, and most importantly, the balance of the blade is top notch. The point of balance lands right where the logo is.

Specs - Steel = W2, Hardness @ edge ~52 HRC, OAL = 11in, Blade Length = 5.75in, Blade Thickness = ~0.100in , Weight = 6oz

Price -
Sold

Buy it here - https://www.etsy.com/listing/671007799

Zan1.jpg Zan2.jpg Zan6.jpg Zan7.jpg

Last edited:
Back