• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Wacky Ebay seller....

For me, form follows function with this kind of stuff.
If it arrives as it should, I don’t care what the box looks like.
If it was properly secured/protected inside the box, no problem.
I know I’ve shipped some packages that looked ugly, but had a lot of thought put into how well the product would actually be protected.

Wheres the packing material? You left out photos of the most important part or Just a loose knife flopping around? Yes that's pretty poor

Securely sealed box properly packed on the inside? I don't see any problems?

There's a certain custom folding knife maker in Europe, whose knives regularly sell for $2,000+, who doesn't quite know how to pack. I sent him a knife for spa service; when he mailed it back, it was in a cloth knife pouch thrown loosely into a mylar bag.

I guess that's one way to prove your knives are built to stand up to abuse.

Wheres the packing material? You left out photos of the most important part or Just a loose knife flopping around? Yes that's pretty poor

Securely sealed box properly packed on the inside? I don't see any problems?

Knife was in it's original box, with 6 foam packing peanuts around it. :)

You're right, not really complaining, as much as poking fun at it. That's why I originally put this in "Community Center", since it wasn't a sale on BF, but it got moved to "Feedback" The cardboard of the box is REALLY thin, not heavy enough for a knife IMO, but it did actually get here OK.

The Postal Service has released a new Small Flat Rate Priority Mail box.......

pmRxnYP.jpg

I had a member here ship me a Swamprat Rattlehawk sans sheath, in a soft envelope!
The sharpened beard and spike were poking out to try and slice my mail lady when she handed it to me.

Glad mail lady did not get impaled. This is a hilarious thread, of what not to do. Why people don't think before they pack, Who can say?
I do love the raisin box for packing. The guy wastes nothing.

I had a guy who sent me a box of books, non-knife related, and when I opened up the box, the filler looked like he had just emptied his kitchen waste basket in the top to fill the empty space.
Some of it was gross. o_O

I don’t understand the concern, it is only a $200 knife and it arrived safely. I had a $10,000.00 knife with insurance stolen from USPS and they wouldn’t payout one penny. It was wrapped Beautifully as well.

I don’t understand the concern, it is only a $200 knife and it arrived safely. I had a $10,000.00 knife with insurance stolen from USPS and they wouldn’t payout one penny. It was wrapped Beautifully as well.
We're in the same boat of having had expensive knives stolen. But while a $200 knife may not be a big deal to us, it is a lot to others.

This whole post was meant to poke fun at it more than anything, just struck me as funny. :)
Sometimes when the moderators move these, the early posts aren't a good fit and or original message lost due to the new location. This seems to be such a case. It went from what you thought as humorous in a community forum to looking like a complaint by being moved to GBU.

Last edited:
I had a knifemaker send a knife in a regular envelope, knife was wrapped in a paper towel. It made it, no biggie.

Back