Walk-in cooler

Cal, looks like just the thing for aging venison. Nice job of field engineering too! OH

Great idea. Oilfield scrap repurposing. Love it. You see a lot of that kind of thing growing up in Tx. --KV

I’m late to this thread.

I would recommend 40 degrees F or lower for a cooler. Going warmer I do see mold and less ‘life’ of stored product. If you want look at u of WI HACCP Therm 2.0 and do some growth comparisons.

Also, the wall mount a/c units do promote blowing all kinds of microbes into meat. Look at their filter system, where it sucks air from and then where it blows it to. Compare to a commercial refer unit in a meat plant. Also look at unit cleaning.

just my $0.02.

I could use one those here in North Florida. During bow season, it’s often in the mid nineties, and cooling a deer carcass is a priority.

That’s a nice shelter, I’d love to have one here in Michigan to turn into a deer blind. Anything even remotely close to that is $700 or more around here.
I like how you turned it into a cooler. Useful DIY projects like that are very satisfying to create.

Back