Walking around with your junk hanging out

Diesel D

Tow Mater
This past Sunday I was kickin' around the farm when I received orders to accompany the wife and boy to the grocery store. I was wandering the BIG BOX, halfway down the processed crap aisle when I noticed I still had the Yuma on my belt. I untucked my shirt and covered it as best I could, and didn't notice any death glares from the other sheep. Just wondering if any one has run into problems while carryring in public. Get asked to leave? Manager break bad on ya? Surely somebody has an interesting story. I'm just glad I wasn't packing the '18!

You know I've carried a knife in some form or another as long as I can remember. But I only have one experience that I can remember where I had a knife on me at the wrong time. After high school I moved to indianapolis and studied akido and tanto jitsu. One night fairly late I decided to drive home to my folks house to spend the weekend. I left right after class was over and was wearing a pair of black sweatpants and a brown hoodie. I drove a black Honda civic at the time, and had a 9in. Hunting knife that belonged to my roomate that I took home to sharpen for him tucked into the front pocket of the hoodie. (All of this comes together in the end, bear with me) At that time my folks lived about a 1/8 mile from a nursing home. As I drove past the nursing home, I looked in my rear view mirror only to see 6 squad cars with light and sirens a blazin. I wondered to myself who the hell they where after only to realize it was me right as I came to a stop in my Mom and Dads driveway. Every one of those bastards got out of there cars with there guns drawn and ordered me out of the car. My folks were staring out the window freaking out as I was handcuffed and thrown in the back of the car. Turns out, a nurse that worked at the nursing home was walking to her car after her shift and was attacked by a guy wearing black pants brown hoodie and stabbed her in the hip with a knife trying to take her purse. He eascaped by leaving the scene in a black car. This is no lie. What luck huh. The only thing that stopped me from being in jail still today is they brought the nurse down to the station to identify me. Needless to say the cops were convinced they had the right dude. Fortunately for me, she took one look at me and said. No, that's not him. He's too tall. Thank God! They where ready to throw away the key on me. Wrong place, wrong time.

Last edited:
Luckily NC has good sense and we can open carry knives with out issue. I always have a knife on my belt except when I am at culinary school and never had an issue! Diesel be careful pulling your shirt down over your knife the police here tell me that the only time i might have a problem if i let my shirt or a jacket cover the knife because then its considered a concealed weapon and that will get you in trouble.

Nope, never had issue. Anytime I've been arrested I promptly told the officer(s) I was packing. Oh DD, I've toted the 18 into places. Cracker Barrel and the gas station for example.

Now how is anyone going to be able to follow that one?

I know, good one right! If my memory serves me correctly Im pretty sure they got the right dude. I think it turned out he was a jelious ex-boyfriend of one of the other employees there at the nursing home. He did it to scare her. The gal he stabbed was O.k. but supposedly didn't have anything to do with the situation at all. I'm just glad she wasn't shook up to the point that she didn't just tell them I was the guy. It was dark, and besides being taller, I matched the description 100%. So much so the cops keep asking her. "You sure this isn't the guy?"

Living in the most liberal of liberal states, I dare not risk openly carrying a knife at any point in time. NYC law actually prohibits it, even if the blade is considered legal. Coincidentally, there was a day worker on the subway with a saw, wrecking bar and cordless drill and no one batted an eyelash.

Well, Todd. You win. Thanks for cutting the thread with the 1st post!

Sported my Yuma into gas stations, and restaurants. Never had a problem.

Moose

You know I've carried a knife in some form or another as long as I can remember. But I only have one experience that I can remember where I had a knife on me at the wrong time. After high school I moved to indianapolis and studied akido and tanto jitsu. One night fairly late I decided to drive home to my folks house to spend the weekend. I left right after class was over and was wearing a pair of black sweatpants and a brown hoodie. I drove a black Honda civic at the time, and had a 9in. Hunting knife that belonged to my roomate that I took home to sharpen for him tucked into the front pocket of the hoodie. (All of this comes together in the end, bear with me) At that time my folks lived about a 1/8 mile from a nursing home. As I drove past the nursing home, I looked in my rear view mirror only to see 6 squad cars with light and sirens a blazin. I wondered to myself who the hell they where after only to realize it was me right as I came to a stop in my Mom and Dads driveway. Every one of those bastards got out of there cars with there guns drawn and ordered me out of the car. My folks were staring out the window freaking out as I was handcuffed and thrown in the back of the car. Turns out, a nurse that worked at the nursing home was walking to her car after her shift and was attacked by a guy wearing black pants brown hoodie and stabbed her in the hip with a knife trying to take her purse. He eascaped by leaving the scene in a black car. This is no lie. What luck huh. The only thing that stopped me from being in jail still today is they brought the nurse down to the station to identify me. Needless to say the cops were convinced they had the right dude. Fortunately for me, she took one look at me and said. No, that's not him. He's too tall. Thank God! They where ready to throw away the key on me. Wrong place, wrong time.

I had a " wrong place at the wrong time" incident. Will tell tomorrow.....off to bed.

I got into trouble at work one day. I had my Magua on my hip and a bk-14 in my pocket with just the very tip of the handle sticking above my pocket. Turns out the hospital I was working at has a "no firearm" policy which the security guard took to mean "I can be a dick". I tried to explain a gun does not equate a knife. I was told that the patient policy clearly states that no knives are allowed on the premises. I tried to explain I wasn't a patient I've never seen the SSM patient policy, and that the signs on the door only say "State law prohibits firearms on hospital property" however it wasn't enough.

I now refuse to go to that hospital even though they have sent me and the agency that I work for an apology. It just isn't worth it to me to deal with that kind of close-mindedness.

Back