Wally Hayes katana

Here's a bad picture of a good sword by Wally Hayes.
Wally is currently one of the best values in custom swords. http://www.hayesknives.com/
View

wally does very nice work. i got to meet him when i was invited to the Canadian Knifemakers Guild Show several years ago. a nice guy too.

Nice katana; for those who are curious, what ballpark price range would one be looking at for this?

Harry

[This message has been edited by Kozak (edited 07-31-2000).]

As you had told me before Tom, the picture obviously does not do it justice. I cannot really see all the goodies the blade has to offer, but I trust Wally does a good job considering some of the friends he's got. Always helps to have the right advice.

Shinryû.

Hi , Thanks for posting a pic of one of my katanas. I will get you a good pic of one I just finished soon.
I will try to answer any questions any one has or tell you who to ask if I don't know.
I think a sword forum will be fun and might help share some light on a lot of stuff.
Cheers,

Welcome Wally.
It's a pleasure to see you here. For only being up a couple days it's great to see the sword makers that have decided to come here and offer their help and guidence.
I'm a big believer in investing your time and educating yourself before investing your money and with the swordsmiths that are starting to drop in it's beginning to look good for us collectors. Thanks to all of you for joining us.

[This message has been edited by TomW (edited 07-31-2000).]

[This message has been edited by TomW (edited 07-31-2000).]

Welcome Wally Hayes, and yes please post some close ups of the blade especially!

G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

G2 LeatherWorks

Got to agree that it is great having some of the outstanding bladesmiths show up on this forum...Wally Hayes, Jerry Fisk,...who knows who else may pop in...

Harry

Welcome to BF, Wally. Its nice of you to join us.
smile.gif

I look forward to some better pics of your work.

What are some of the shows that you attend? It would be nice to be able to see the swords in person.
smile.gif

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

ATKI member #A001042

Hi Maddog,If your from maddog knives I like your work a lot. o-1 tool steel has a lot of qualities I like. I use it for my tac stuff.
Next show is new york in Nov. Toronto then Blade in Atlanta.

Welcome to the forums Wally, your reputation preceeds you. I hope you enjoy yourself here
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by yoda4561 (edited 08-05-2000).]

Back