Walmart Spyderco's OK?

The Walmart near me started carrying Spyderco's in blister packs. The price seemed too good to be true. I can't recall exactly which models, I think they had three different one, pretty sure a Tenacious was one of them and they were in the $40-50 range. Also, not sure of the blade steel, I'm going back to check it out today. I don't own any Spydercos and would like to try one out. One of them was very large, like almost a 4" blade, I think either a police or PM2??

Last edited:
Yes, they're made in China. Their overall quality is exceptional for the price. The Tenacious definitely took me by surprise. I'd recommend the black on black. It's one mean looking blade.

The tenacious is a HIGHLY underrated knife.

Steel is ok... Action on it was better than some PM2s.

My Father, as well as a good friend of mine are now hooked on Spyderco because of the Tenacious. My buddy had it for about a year and loved it. Then he decided to upgrade to a Schempp Bowie! Definitely hooked now! I own an Ambitios that I carry sometimes as a secondary knife. It also it a nice little slicer!

So I went by today and picked up the Tenacious for $40.77 using a gift card from hotel points (I love "free" knives, LOL). I have to say that I am impressed with it. Light but not cheap feeling, just enough heft, solid construction, centered blade, no blade play, really nice action which I am surprised about how nice that spidy hole deploys the blade. I also looked at the Resilience, but that thing was just HUGE, too big for my taste, I prefer a mid sized knife and this Tenacious is right at the size I like. I appreciate the comments that helped me decide on a definite buy! Now for my pics.

Tenacious was the knife that got me in this hell hole, few thousand dollars later I "hate" that knife for it got me into all of this.

Resilience was the first for me.
Incredible step up from the budget folders I had before...

TRMw3sv.jpg

8CR13MOV is a good edc steel too. Won't hold an edge forever, but easy to sharpen & takes a brisk edge. Can get wet & sweaty without too much worry. Not a knife that you would worry about abusing a little bit.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Our store has a Resilence, Tenacious, and Endura (serrated:thumbsdown:). The prices are ok. Their arrival is about 6 years too late for me.

Tenacious was the knife that got me in this hell hole, few thousand dollars later I "hate" that knife for it got me into all of this.
Me too, I returned mine to Wal Mart for $37.77 + tax in store credit 8 months later in a gesture of self-loathing. I’m hooked badly on the recently discontinued and clearance priced fluted titanium military, which I tell my family is an investment surer than stock or real estate.

So I broke down and bought the Resilience today as well. The Tenacious is way easier to deploy the blade on, but I "needed" the longer blade on the Resilience to cut my summer sausage at work. The blade on the Tenacious was just a tad too short, LOL. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Paid $35 after using the remaining balance on a gift card I had.

I Think I am about to pull the trigger on that Tenacious - my first version Endura should be retired along with my co-pilot and about three or four others! Thanks for the wally world thoughts
Peace
Revvie

Back