Wanted: Mike England knife pictures.

STR

Knifemaker/Moderator
If any of the folks reading this have any pictures of the late Mike England's work please pass them on and share them with us. I am compiling a small album, or trying to of this late great makers work. Most of his knives were stamped, Mike England with *Maker* underneath between two stars or astericks in an egg shaped/long diamond shape loop. Many of the examples of his work were injection molded knives. I would be interested in seeing anything you have

Thanks.

I just wanted to let you know that Mike England is alive and well. He is my father and still lives in Cordell. What questions do you have? He continues to make knives to this day.

Jana

i have one of mike's knives and it is a great hunting knife, 154cm blade.
i have never met him but i have only heard great things about him.
i wonder if he still attends any knife shows in oklahoma?

Late by far but I never saw that reply you made Jana. Doubt you'll ever see this one but I'll give it a shot. Color me surprised that Mike is still around. I have at least two published articles here that both reported he was deceased. One of those as I recall was either and article from Blade Magazine or Knife World but don't hold me to that since its been a lot of years since I have had them out to read them. It was a magazine I subscribed to though but since I have subscribed to most all of them off and on and some steady its hard to tell and my memory ain't what it used to be. Honestly it would take me hours just to sift through all the old knife magazines I have going back umpteen years just to find these where he is mentioned. These were printed sometime in the 90s about Mike as I recall.

I also have at least one other article from Blade, I think it was 1984 where his knives were featured. It was around this time when I first bought a custom Sea Wolf knife he made which was an all one piece injection molded lost wax method he used to make a divers knife fixed blade. Super heavy thing I know that. I traded it after owning it for about ten years and never using it and for a custom folder he made and some cash.

If he is still around tell him to get in touch with me. I am easy to reach here on blade forums if you just visit the makers section here and find my knifemaker forum. I also live in Oklahoma in Bartlesville. Been a fan of Mikes for some time. Be nice to meet.

Thanks

STR

i found mikes phone number and gave him a call and he is at the tulsa show this weekend, he has a booth setup on the north end.i had also that he had passed away and her post really sparked my interest in his work.

Hi STR,

I own a very interesting rotative folder made by Mike England. It's an all steel folder, with the lock system patented by Barry Wood in the early 70's. It comes with two differently shaped blades that are easily switched. See pics below:

MikeEnglandCustom2bladesEngraved-1.jpg

MikeEnglandCustom2bladesEngraved-2.jpg

MikeEnglandCustom2bladesEngraved-3.jpg

MikeEnglandCustom2bladesEngraved-4.jpg

MikeEnglandCustom2bladesEngraved-4.jpg

MikeEnglandCustom2bladesEngraved-6.jpg

Best,

Jose

Jose - Is this the Mike England out of Cordell Oklahoma? At least was in the mid 1980's??
I have some catalogs of a Mike England, and I just wonder if this is the same one. His catalog does not show this model.

Dave - I don't know. I couldn't find clear info. about him. The design I posted is also a mystery for me, as there were production knives made with that design both from Parker (hillbilly model) and Wyoming Knife (Powder River Folder). I wrote to Wyoming knife Co about this and I was told that the patent for the Powder River Folder was filled by Carl Addis prior to 1977, when Wyoming acquired it from him. It is weird... as how can somebody do a "prototype" of something already being the market? I would like to contact Mike England and ask him about this. Any light on this would be appreciated.

Jose - Is this the Mike England out of Cordell Oklahoma? At least was in the mid 1980's??
I have some catalogs of a Mike England, and I just wonder if this is the same one. His catalog does not show this model.

Back in 1986 I met Mike England in Cordell. I had a number of his blades, fighters, daggers, even a Damascus Katana he made, absolutely beautiful! Over the years I lost touch and wondered what had become of him. Is he alive or not? There seems to be mixed reports about this. I'd sure like to hear from him since I loaned him some money and never got paid back! Anyway, I have only one of his knives left. It is one of his original survival fighters with leather scabbard. The knife is bead blasted ss with green nylon cord wrapped handle. The blade is in original condition, never used or sharpened. Leather in great condition considering its is 25 years old. The blade is stamped with his logo, Mike England maker. There is a compass built into the handle which unscrews revealing a hollow handle with survival item storage. Mike used to test these knives by dropping them out of an airplane to see how they would hold up. I understand they never failed. If anyone is interested, give me a call 843-813-8181 Marshall. If you hear anything about Mike, please let me know. Thanks

I will find mine made by Mike and get a pic up. Mine is bead blasted, parachute cord wrapped. Just wondering when I bought it, had to be 1982 to 1984 at the Great Western Gun Show in Pomona.

MARSH007, I had a Phone conversation with you last month about Mike England, tried to E-mail you, anyhow thanks. I just became a "Forum' Member so let me here from you some time, 706-662-1116.

Greenmando, I just bought one in Sept. on Ebay as you describe yours, cool knife.....thanks for dating it. Mine came with a sheath of green nylon webbing, blade 7 in.Spear Point and 5 in. handle with double brass guard.

Jana, I have one of your dad's custom knives, I was wanting to know if he could give me some information on the knife, Year he made it, Blade Steel, What the original sheath looked like and if he made the sheath, would he be interested in making another, The knife when I got it came with a Assault Systems Green Nylon sheath! I tried to add photos but I can't figure out adding a URL, Photo posts doesn't have a search/find option to pull it from my computer, I'll post photos as soon as I figure this out, Could you see if he might be interested in working on one of his older knives?
Thanks for you time and help in advance either way!
Tony

If any of the folks reading this have any pictures of the late Mike England's work please pass them on and share them with us. I am compiling a small album, or trying to of this late great makers work. Most of his knives were stamped, Mike England with *Maker* underneath between two stars or astericks in an egg shaped/long diamond shape loop. Many of the examples of his work were injection molded knives. I would be interested in seeing anything you have

Thanks.

I found this one in the safe yesterday. Bought at Tulsa show 70s or 80s.
8c87aedd6d74e682b19fd3e1d4823234.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thread that wont die!:)
Just looked up ME's knives.
Some great looking hollow handle survival knives amongst them.
Interesting.

Thanks.

I have a Mike England Oklahoma Centennial Bowie Knife #003 of 100 including coin, pouch, ID card, and leather sheath but I can't figure out how to upload the picture. You can see the picture on St. Louis Craiglist under Collectibles or Sporting Goods.

Last edited:
Back