• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Wanted - Old or Used Padlocks - With or Without Keys

I'm in search of old or used padlocks with or without keys.

As long as they aren't rusted up and you can send me a digital photo or two, I might be willing to take a few off of your hands.

PM me if you're interested.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan,

I sent you an E-mail through the board about this, possible padlock trades, etc. If you can, shoot me an E-mail back and let me know what you're looking for.

Don

I have an older cnr (canadian national railway) padlock (no key though) if your interested

canbkr said:
I have an older cnr (canadian national railway) padlock (no key though) if your interested

I have an interest in Canada ;)

Any pictures?

Please, PM me with any details.

Thanks,
Dan

Okay... I can't resist. What do you do with old padlocks?

I know, I know... the old "curiousity and the cat" thing, but I'm intrigued.

My Dear Friends,

Paddling_man said:
Okay... I can't resist. What do you do with old padlocks?

I know, I know... the old "curiousity and the cat" thing, but I'm intrigued.

Some of us use them to hone our skills at picking locks. I was trained as a locksmith apprentice, and it was something he and I both did in our spare time to improve our skills. You can pick locks while watching TV, etc., as it really is a "feel" thing. I look for old locks at yard sales, etc., preferably without keys, just for this reason.

Just my $0.02... :D

--------
Hannibal

Cool! That makes sense even though nothing else I could imagine did!

I enjoy shooting old padlocks with different caliber rifles and pistols to see what can withstand what. Except now I got hold of a Sargent and Greenleaf super heavy duty lock I can't bring myself to shoot...it is fluggin huge!

Dr. Hannibal Lecter said:
My Dear Friends,

Some of us use them to hone our skills at picking locks. I was trained as a locksmith apprentice, and it was something he and I both did in our spare time to improve our skills. You can pick locks while watching TV, etc., as it really is a "feel" thing. I look for old locks at yard sales, etc., preferably without keys, just for this reason.

Just my $0.02... :D

--------
Hannibal

Mr. Lecter,

You nailed that one right on the head.

I'm just interested in picking them for fun (no criminal intent).

Ever since I found these two toys, I've been searching for locks:

I'm hoping that people might have a few locks without keys that I could pay shipping +1 or 2$ for the lock.

Thanks,
Dan

Back