• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Wanted: SOG Field Pup Black Linen Micarta Rehandle.

Fixall

Brian
Dealer / Materials Provider
So here's the deal.

After checking out more than a dozen fixed blades for camping/hiking (some costing nearly $200), my wife has decided there is nothing on the market that she likes more than her trusty SOG Field Pup (it's an older Taiwan AUS-8 version at least).

She loves the recurve of the blade for cutting rope, the size, the ergonomics, just about everything. The only part she thinks could be improved is the knurling on the handle is too aggressive (something that is addressed in the newer Chinese/7cr17mov versions), and she absolutely loves the canvas micarta on my Para 3.

So I figure, if she's absolutely set on this knife I might as well make it the best it can be for her.

I am looking for someone to rehandle the knife (it is full tang) in black linen micarta following the original lines/shape of the handle as closely as possible.

b9a5j95.jpg

Thanks BladeForums!

Ok then... I'll make attempt it on my own!

SRnpNpB.jpg

Last edited:
Back