Warcraft sheath?

Tenbeers

Gold Member
Anyone had edge dulling issues with the Warcraft sheaths?
I'm considering buying the medium and in my experience some models have the issue and some don't.
I haven't had this problem with any of the DF knives but I have with the SRK and Recon tanto.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Cold Steel is lacking in their sheaths for sure. I bought a Warcraft Tanto and am very pleased with the knife. However, I had to buy a different sheath as the one that came with the knife was too small and dulled the blade.
From the thread below

Are they mixing carbide in the polymer? Being sarcastic, but dang it dulling 3V is a heck of a feat for a sheath lol.

From the thread below
Are they mixing carbide in the polymer? Being sarcastic, but dang it dulling 3V is a heck of a feat for a sheath lol.

It is Glass Filled Nylon, and it will dull any edge that touches it.

In theory Cold Steel has modified their GFN sheaths to eliminate the problem. In practice it is a roll of the dice. The sheath on my 2021 3V Master Hunter is unusable and I had to buy a Kydex replacement. I will no longer buy any Cold Steel fixed blades without first locating and pricing a replacement sheath.

It is Glass Filled Nylon, and it will dull any edge that touches it.

In theory Cold Steel has modified their GFN sheaths to eliminate the problem. In practice it is a roll of the dice. The sheath on my 2021 3V Master Hunter is unusable and I had to buy a Kydex replacement. I will no longer buy any Cold Steel fixed blades without first locating and pricing a replacement sheath.
I agree with it being a roll of the dice because as far as I know there are no ways to tell the poorly designed ones from the supposed better fitting ones that mostly keep the edge from contacting the GFN, other than buying and testing.

I’m glad you found a kydex sheath, can I ask where you got it from and how you like it? I’ve found that I like the older cordura sheaths and one particular actual kydex factory sheath for the Master Hunter’s. Custom kydex has been hit or miss for me.

I actually like the sheath and have not had any problems . :cool::thumbsup:

Doesn't mean you wouldn't , but I believe this knife is worth having a sheath made if necessary .

I agree with it being a roll of the dice because as far as I know there are no ways to tell the poorly designed ones from the supposed better fitting ones that mostly keep the edge from contacting the GFN, other than buying and testing.

I’m glad you found a kydex sheath, can I ask where you got it from and how you like it? I’ve found that I like the older cordura sheaths and one particular actual kydex factory sheath for the Master Hunter’s. Custom kydex has been hit or miss for me.
I got the sheath from some guy on eBay that has a great many models and options. I will try to remember to message you a link tomorrow. If I forget (I am really busy) message me

Back