• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Review WARNING about ePrague

WARNING - Do not patronize ePrague knives.

I recently ordered a Mcusta knife from ePraggue knives. They immediately sucked $124 out of my account. A day later, I received an email that, arbitrarily, cancelled my order and said the purchase price had been refunded.

That was 10 days ago. They still have $124 of my money and have failed to respond to multiple inquiries.

I suggest caution in dealing with ePrague, YMMV, but you have been warned.

James

Last edited:
WARNING - Do not patronize ePrague knives.

I recently ordered an Mcusta knife from ePraggue knives. They immediately sucked $124 out of my account. A day later, I received an email that, arbitrarily, cancelled my order and said the purchase price had been refunded.

That was 10 days ago. They still have $124 of my money and have failed to respond to multiple inquiries.

I suggest caution in dealing with ePrague, YMMV, but you have been warned.

James

e

James - WOW! I am shocked. I've bought several knives from ePrague ebay store (they also have a website) and they are my trusted knife seller as well as WhiteMountainKnives and other great sellers. Never an issue. I did return few knives I did not like once I opened and held in my hand - they did not feel comfortable, and had zero issue getting a refund from them.

Get ebay involved if you bought via their ebay store. If not call your credit card and have them step in, however I am shocked by this horrible experience.

P.S. That store has some amazing Japanese knives you can not find anywhere else, including vintage 1990s Seki Cut pieces.

Yes, this was my first (and last) encounter with ePrague knives and it was VERY disappointing, to say the least.

It was not an ebay purchase, and yes, I can stop payment through my credit card - but why should I have to? ePrauge "cancelled" the transaction, but not only failed to complete the sale, but also failed to refund my money.

I have messaged them 3 times on their website with NO response. I know theses things sometimes take a little time, but 10 days? - give me a break...

Have you tried calling them? That may yield better results.

I have ordered from ePrague several times, and would again. The only time there was an issue with an order, they contacted me the next day to let me know there would be a delay - and they would refund my money if I wanted. I chose to keep the order and it was delivered when they said it would be.

Good luck with getting a resolution!

Last edited:
Yes, this was my first (and last) encounter with ePrague knives and it was VERY disappointing, to say the least.

It was not an ebay purchase, and yes, I can stop payment through my credit card - but why should I have to? ePrauge "cancelled" the transaction, but not only failed to complete the sale, but also failed to refund my money.

I have messaged them 3 times on their website with NO response. I know theses things sometimes take a little time, but 10 days? - give me a break...

As a wild guess, to protect yourself.

UPDATE: A refund finally appeared in my account TODAY - a full 15 days after ePrague charged my account and two weeks after they emailed me that they had "cancelled" the sale and refunded the purchase price.

For the record, in the interim, there has been ZERO response from ePrague to my multiple inquiries.

This is just a "heads up" based on my experience and, of course, YMMV, but, I, for one, will never patronize ePrague again. Burned once...

James

Last edited:
RESPONSE:

James,

I was doing a little online research and came across this thread about my company and definitely want to respond to give the other side about what happened.

I do apologize for the refund taking so long to process. When you ordered we had just changed payment processing companies and although we cancelled and refunded on our website, the refund was not going through with the actual payments processor. On our end it looked like it had gone through. Since then we have fixed the issue and refunds are being processed in a timely manner.

Some other missing details: The order was placed on Saturday and on Monday we cancelled it. On that day we wrote to explain why we cancelled it, due to different shipping and billing addresses. You responded to that email on the same day.

We did not arbitrarily cancel the order. On our website payments page we clearly state that we ship to the billing address only. I have that policy in place to help prevent fraud, as many times we have had people try to use stolen cards to purchase knives and I lost quite a bit of money before I began that policy.

After that, one week after the order cancellation, you emailed us asking where your refund was. We did respond to that email, but perhaps it went to spam? We received no other communication from you and thought that the refund had gone through.

We care about our customers and always strive to make transactions pleasant. I do apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate the feedback. If anyone ever has difficulty with an order placed with ePrague Knives, please contact us and we will do our best to solve the problem. And by all means, please call us if you think your emails are not coming through for some reason.

We will continue to strive for better customer service and wish everyone a happy Fourth of July.

- Jacob, ePrague Knives

RESPONSE:

James,

I was doing a little online research and came across this thread about my company and definitely want to respond to give the other side about what happened.

I do apologize for the refund taking so long to process. When you ordered we had just changed payment processing companies and although we cancelled and refunded on our website, the refund was not going through with the actual payments processor. On our end it looked like it had gone through. Since then we have fixed the issue and refunds are being processed in a timely manner.

Some other missing details: The order was placed on Saturday and on Monday we cancelled it. On that day we wrote to explain why we cancelled it, due to different shipping and billing addresses. You responded to that email on the same day.

We did not arbitrarily cancel the order. On our website payments page we clearly state that we ship to the billing address only. I have that policy in place to help prevent fraud, as many times we have had people try to use stolen cards to purchase knives and I lost quite a bit of money before I began that policy.

After that, one week after the order cancellation, you emailed us asking where your refund was. We did respond to that email, but perhaps it went to spam? We received no other communication from you and thought that the refund had gone through.

We care about our customers and always strive to make transactions pleasant. I do apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate the feedback. If anyone ever has difficulty with an order placed with ePrague Knives, please contact us and we will do our best to solve the problem. And by all means, please call us if you think your emails are not coming through for some reason.

We will continue to strive for better customer service and wish everyone a happy Fourth of July.

- Jacob, ePrague Knives

Very nice response.

RESPONSE:

James,

- Jacob, ePrague Knives

Thank you Jacob:

Nice attempt to cover your ass.

I made multiple inquiries through the "Contact Us" feature on your website and received ZERO response.

There was no email from ePrague as you claim, and, although this post is addressed to me, I was not copied with the response you posted here - some two months after the botched transaction. Had MolokaiRider MolokaiRider not directed my attention this post, I would not have known about this belated response. I'll add that, in spite of multiple inquiries, the above post is the ONLY response I have received from ePrague since their original email cancelling my order!

Immediately after I received the "cancellation" email, I replied to ePrague advising that since the purchase was made on a debit card, there was no "billing address." However, since the debit card I used is tied to the P.O. Box I've had for 30 years, I listed that address as the "billing address." The shipping address was my current home address - some 10 miles down the road from my P.O. Box address. Simply put, the "billing address" was my business address and the shipping address was my home address. The response from ePrague was - crickets...

Bottom line is that ePrague hoovered the money from my account instantly, then cancelled the order without making any attempt to contact me - other than the email advising me that they had cancelled the order and refunded the payment - ePrague then kept my money for an additional 15 days before issuing a refund and failed to respond to multiple inquires in the interim.

As I said, this was my experience. YMMV. Others have, apparently, had good experiences dealing with ePrague. I did not - and will never patronize ePrague again.
James

Last edited:
Yeah . . . this seems like a minor inconvenience at best and a mild inconvenience at worst. The funds were returned and an apology/explanation was tendered. Communication problems happen. OP’s “nice attempt to cover your ass,” reply seems unnecessarily indignant. Looks like they have more than a few satisfied BF customers. I wouldn’t have any trouble doing business with ePrague based on this one unsatisfactory purchase attempt. Just my 2 bits.

Sorry to hear about your issue with eprague. I was looking for a specific knife and I read your review after a google search. But went ahead with my order anyway. Their customer support was quite responsive and flexible. I have to say my experience with eprague was positive. They were able to deliver. Just my $0.02.

I think its important that we look at the potential impact one negative post can have on a companies reputation when it is being published on the web for anyone to see. This was the first thing that popped up when I searched "Eprague knives legit?" It certainly has raised some concern in me, and I am apprehensive to make an order, but from what I can tell, this company is taking care of its customers to the very best of their ability, and I want to support that. These smaller sites...well they arent blade hq, and things don't always go smoothly. There are a lot of scammers out there, so Its my feeling that when there is a smaller distributor like this one, offering good products and service, we should be careful not to wreck their chances to service the knife community by giving others the impression that they might just take your money. I get that the guy must have been upset by this inconvenience, and the lack of communication was not cool, but he should step back and consider that this was probably an isolated incident, and there was no actual harm done in the end. The complaint...that can do some very real harm. Just something to think about. I think I'm gonna order the dagger. I mean...Who doesnt love white micarta?

I think its important that we look at the potential impact one negative post can have on a companies reputation when it is being published on the web for anyone to see. This was the first thing that popped up when I searched "Eprague knives legit?" It certainly has raised some concern in me, and I am apprehensive to make an order, but from what I can tell, this company is taking care of its customers to the very best of their ability, and I want to support that. These smaller sites...well they arent blade hq, and things don't always go smoothly. There are a lot of scammers out there, so Its my feeling that when there is a smaller distributor like this one, offering good products and service, we should be careful not to wreck their chances to service the knife community by giving others the impression that they might just take your money. I get that the guy must have been upset by this inconvenience, and the lack of communication was not cool, but he should step back and consider that this was probably an isolated incident, and there was no actual harm done in the end. The complaint...that can do some very real harm. Just something to think about. I think I'm gonna order the dagger. I mean...Who doesnt love white micarta?

I think it's known that more people are likely to report a problem than a positive experience, which can give an impression that a business is problematic. I personally don't automatically write off a business solely on feedback unless it's reoccurring issues and especially the same type of complaints. I don't think anyone is going to expect perfection or always 100% glowing reviews and we all know that sometimes there's undeserving retaliatory feedback of businesses. I always try to give a business a chance and reasonable time to work out an issue with me before posting something negative on the net. It is important though, that we have accurate and truthful feedback on an experience. I do appreciate knowing if there are legitimate issues going on with a vendor before I conduct business.

I googled the company and the Bladeforum's thread was right up there. After more research they have perfect feedback on Amazon and an A+ BBB rating so if someone is interested they can get a clearer picture of the company before making a decision. I don't think it's possible to be in business without having a customer complaint real or imagined

Back