Warning! Lots of bad words, thoughts and images.

Mick (and others, too):

Very interesting discussion. Thank you, I appreciate it.

Could you address for me your thoughts about chopping (when using a fairly large blade, like the PAB), as opposed to stabbing or slashing, as a combat technique?

Thanks, again.

I would never want to get blood all over my knife.

but I wouldnt want mine all over me either. I have had the terrible opportunity of taking a life only once. I really don't care for another. It was not a knife, but an M16 from close range of about 10feet. only one rd before I manage to cluck up the rifle but if was enough.

I would do it again if I had to; but only for saving a life of a wife or child. oh, and myself of course.

and yes, even after about 30 years I still have the dream. or nightmare if you wish. Killing someone sux. killing them close up sux big time.

BUT IT BEATS THE HELL OUT OF BEING DEAD. That is just about my only solace.

Welcome home a223cat
Dead is never better.

Regarding chopping:
Chopping works really well in some situations.
My issues with chopping….
1 It doesn’t work in confined space.
2 It doesn’t cause enough shock.

When you chop someone, it does a lot of damage. Especially if you have a big ol heavy blade.
The problem is the persons reaction.
Say you chop off some guys arm. It causes a brain hiccup. The person looks down and sees that something is not right.
You have effectively taken their mind away from the fight, but they are still a ways from being dead. Now they may not want to kill you, but they SURE don’t want to die. The fight resumes.

Remember, we are talking about canceling some ones birth certificate.
Not defending yourself in an encounter.

Chops from behind work well, if you attack the head or neck.

Just remember, you MUST shut down the processor.

Mick

Thank You Mick. I am the proud owner of a new Strider AR !

or will be when UPS gets here with it! I can hardly wait.

Mick, I already do. I like the folks who gather around your knives, and I respect and appreciate your skill and heart for steel.

I love the Sebenza, but the gun retention duty will go to Strider!

Back