warranty info: valet blade too long and sticks out closed

so the title pretty much says it all. i got a valet as a gift and its brand new. unfortunately the blade sticks out a bit too a bit too much and can cut you when its closed.

anyone have warranty experience similar to issues like this? and ideas on the time frame and cost?

0 cost you only need to send it in. This will be a warranty issue/safety issue. Time is dependent on load but warranty is prioritized.

I've had the same issue with a KW 710-1401. Sent it in , I think I paid shipping cost to Benchmade but everything after that free.
Wait time can vary, they usually give you an approximate turn around on the website.
Which right now says 5 WEEKS!

Thanks for the feedback. Man 5 weeks is not ideal. Pretty sure they’ll just swap out the blade anyways instead of bothering to grind it down.

Remember that we are just post-shot show, so that gives all the makers a bit of a backlog. I'd be in contact with them directly, they may have directions for you to help expedite the process.

We had a bunch of 710's out there with that defect, and there's nothing as bad as getting your finger sliced. I sent my example in under warranty and it was duly repaired. They said it wasn't anything I could've adjusted myself.

Sorry to hear about that. Contact customer service and send it in for blade replacement.

Back