warranty info: valet blade too long and sticks out closed

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by norm888, Feb 18, 2018.

1. norm888

norm888

Jan 14, 2018
    so the title pretty much says it all. i got a valet as a gift and its brand new. unfortunately the blade sticks out a bit too a bit too much and can cut you when its closed.

anyone have warranty experience similar to issues like this? and ideas on the time frame and cost?

2. Codswallop

Codswallop

Mar 8, 2016
    0 cost you only need to send it in. This will be a warranty issue/safety issue. Time is dependent on load but warranty is prioritized.

3. cnm123

cnm123 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2015
    I've had the same issue with a KW 710-1401. Sent it in , I think I paid shipping cost to Benchmade but everything after that free.
    Wait time can vary, they usually give you an approximate turn around on the website.
    Which right now says 5 WEEKS!

4. norm888

norm888

Jan 14, 2018
    Thanks for the feedback. Man 5 weeks is not ideal. Pretty sure they’ll just swap out the blade anyways instead of bothering to grind it down.

5. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    Remember that we are just post-shot show, so that gives all the makers a bit of a backlog. I'd be in contact with them directly, they may have directions for you to help expedite the process.

6. jkarp_53

jkarp_53

May 25, 2006
    We had a bunch of 710's out there with that defect, and there's nothing as bad as getting your finger sliced. I sent my example in under warranty and it was duly repaired. They said it wasn't anything I could've adjusted myself.

7. Benchmade

Benchmade BMK Jimmy - Design Engineer Moderator

Jan 25, 2013
    Sorry to hear about that. Contact customer service and send it in for blade replacement.