Warthog Wednesday

Chui

Gold Member
Probably not very many members with Warthog, but one of my utter favourites - the material is stunning and can have amazing colours, and, they're not endangered..........yet.

These are all from retired maker Willie Paulsen

Last edited:
Nice thread, Paul. Some real beauties shown so far!
Unfortunately, I've got nothing to offer.
I had one small fixed blade, made by Arno Bernard. I gifted it to my eldest son a few years ago, and never even kept a pic!

Probably not very many members with Warthog, but one of my utter favourites - the material is stunning and can have amazing colours, and, they're not endangered..........yet.

Beautiful knives my friend .

Harry

Love the Warthog with patterned steel! :cool:

Only cutter I have with Warthog - Arno Bernard Bush Baby series, Meerkat. (Recycled photo)
original.jpg

- lovely OldHercDude OldHercDude - some wonderful colour and pattern to that.

I have met Arno - a very amiable laid back man too - and him and his sons have managed to produce many with Warthog, they've become very good too. It can't be rushed, has to be done carefully otherwise the pins get too hot and the tusk discolours around it to a blue-grey

- lovely OldHercDude OldHercDude - some wonderful colour and pattern to that.

I have met Arno - a very amiable laid back man too - and him and his sons have managed to produce many with Warthog, they've become very good too. It can't be rushed, has to be done carefully otherwise the pins get too hot and the tusk discolours around it to a blue-grey

They certainly do good work - that little Meerkat is a beautiful knife.

Very Nice.

Unfortunately more states are lumping ALL ivory together, Warthog, Walrus, Mammoth, Elephant as a way to fight elephant poaching. I guess that's easier that actually teaching law enforcement the difference or actually testing
- that is indeed a great shame........it's almost like saying, a thief was caught red-handed and was found eating a BigMac - therefore, anyone caught eating a burger must be a criminal...

...what....!!

Do your job properly...

Back