Was wondering what SOG I have/if its real?

My pops found it out in the garage while cleaning up some old junk and I can't seem to really find any info on it. Help would be much appreciated! :)
wioPCeQ.jpg
b3floDP.jpg
wCtlTl3.jpg
Tz6SrTT.jpg

M Mayu If you like the blade shape and style and still want to have a SOG, you could look at the SOG Kiku assisted knives.

I honestly do quite like this fake one, it fits pretty nicely in my hand, the blade shape is nice, and it's damn sharp as a plus. So I can imagine I'd be really happy with an official SOG.

That Kiku looks nice, and assisted open is something I've wanted. How would you say that SOG is vs a Spyderco or Benchmade? Those are the two brands I was looking at for my first official -good- knife purchase, but now SOG has me super interested.

If you like the style and the shape, then I would definitely look into the SOG Kiku assisted in S35VN. It's got a lot going for it and I wouldn't think there'd be much in it if looking at similar Benchmade or Spyderco knives.

For sure! :) I've definitely saved that Kiku, I am quite a fan of the general style of it.

I'm a bit of a novice with knives, only have a Harley branded Benchmade 13900 that the pocket clip screws keep falling out of [sadly, Benchmade doesn't have spares] and this fake SOG. So I'm not exactly sure what kinds of shapes/styles I like yet. But I do like how this fake feels in my hands in comparison to the Benchmade.

I just bought a truck and found a SOG Seki Japan under the rear seat. I can't seem to find much info on it. Looks like a solid blade other than some surface rust. Any info you guys could give me, I would greatly appreciate.

Last edited:
That's interesting. I thought it looked like a solid blade. Is it really as rare as that website says? If so I feel bad for whoever lost it and luck was on my side

It is pretty rare. You're lucky to have come across it, but unlucky in that the blade shows rust on the SK5 blade. Although obviously can't be sure, from the photo doesn't look like serious pitting. It's probably worth cleaning up and getting it re-blued.

I've done a little more research based off what I've been told here...I can't believe what people on ebay are asking for these in perfect condition. WOW! I'm waiting on a response from a local custom knife maker to see what he thinks about cleaning it up.

I've done a little more research based off what I've been told here...I can't believe what people on ebay are asking for these in perfect condition. WOW! I'm waiting on a response from a local custom knife maker to see what he thinks about cleaning it up.

You might also want to keep an eye out for another authentic nylon sheath.

Back