Watch out Cougars my new pups gonna be a mean un !!!

If maisy is any indication Pit knows how to train them, also on another thread Pit posted some of his old dogs and there were a number of different terrier breeds shown. All terriers think they are the toughest thing going.
I don't doubt Pit knows exactly what he is in for

Cheers bro I hope your right !!!!:D

Only thing is that on the breeders pics it is nearly always ours doing stuff so I'm guessing she is going to be a handfull !!!!:eek:

When I get to pick a dog, I always go for the one that's starting all the shit (there's at least one in every litter) -- it's also usually the one that shows no fear of me and will come right up. My last two dogs actually started chewing on my boots while I was looking.

I figure I'll at least get a healthy one that way, and usually one I'll get along with.

Cheers bro I hope your right !!!!:D

Still, watch it...devious little suckers, they are.

I put a terrier pup through boot camp when its owners went to Florida (I thought for five days, turned out to be seventeen days.)

By the time the dog and I parted company, she was one step away from learning circus tricks...at seven months, she was primed for the discipline and routine I provided. Her owners had this "Disney" conception of puppies. I do not.

She and I worked out the hierarchy. I may not be brighter, but I'm more stubborn. :)

Skip to two years later...they have her up a dog park in Madison, WI.
She decides to attack a Golden. Next trip, she goes after a lab mix, then a neighbor's shepherd. The attacks come after some minutes of playing with them at the park. Then, she brings out the stiletto.

They no longer take her to the dog park. They went through obedience training and have some sort of muzzle/leash combo they use when they walk her in the neighborhood up there.

I'd like to say I could have modified that behavior, but from what I've heard of other terrier owners, oftentimes in adulthood, terriers WANT to start a fight, even though they've never shown that tendency before.

Dunno.

But nothing quite like having a puppy to play with.

Good luck.

Kis

Still, watch it...devious little suckers, they are.

I put a terrier pup through boot camp when its owners went to Florida (I thought for five days, turned out to be seventeen days.)

By the time the dog and I parted company, she was one step away from learning circus tricks...at seven months, she was primed for the discipline and routine I provided. Her owners had this "Disney" conception of puppies. I do not.

She and I worked out the hierarchy. I may not be brighter, but I'm more stubborn. :)

Skip to two years later...they have her up a dog park in Madison, WI.
She decides to attack a Golden. Next trip, she goes after a lab mix, then a neighbor's shepherd. The attacks come after some minutes of playing with them at the park. Then, she brings out the stiletto.

They no longer take her to the dog park. They went through obedience training and have some sort of muzzle/leash combo they use when they walk her in the neighborhood up there.

I'd like to say I could have modified that behavior, but from what I've heard of other terrier owners, oftentimes in adulthood, terriers WANT to start a fight, even though they've never shown that tendency before.

Dunno.

But nothing quite like having a puppy to play with.

Good luck.

Kis

Fortunatly,mine usually won't start a fight,she'll walk up to another dog wanting to be friends but if that dog growls or jumps at her,her little mind goes into attack mode.I have a harness that she usually wears when she's on leash,I've had to use it a couple of times to get her out of a scrape and even after I lift her off the ground,she's still snapping and snarling wanting to get back in the fight.

Nice pup there!

I love jack russells (AKA fox terriers around here, but incorrectly I think)

My last dog was a jack. He was a total lunatic. My most memorable moment was when a huge german shepherd wandered into our garden and jack saw it. Straight over, hackles up and snarling and gnashing like a dog possessed.

He didn't actually attack (probably just as well) but ended up stood between the shep's front legs, looking up onto its neck and still snarling away, while the dozy big shep just drooled over his head. My jack could have been swallowed whole but he didn't give a monkey's!

They are terrific, fun little dogs that think they are the hardest things on the face of the Earth! Sort of remind me of my dad, in a good way. Not tall at all but wouldn't back down from anyone. Once punched out a heavy guy over a foot taller, with a single blow, who was being really abusive to a woman in the street. My dad strained his shoulder trying to reach the guys chin properly.

You can train a "leave it" command to stop animal aggression.
I've done it many times on game bred fighting Pit-bulls as a dog trainer and it's a necessity training police and military K9.
Having a young dog and knowing the breed and problems you'll have later should make it easy for you now.
Start with "down stays" now,start easy and build up to obeying commands instantly under extreme distraction."Like the height of play,or prey drive".
Then start the "leave it" command on food and animals on walks.
Put down the dogs favorite food or toy and on leash with training collar walk by and then walk over with the command "Leave it" which means ignore it.
Do the same with animals.
An aggressive dog behind a fence is a good training tool and opportunity.
Start training now.
In fact you are training now,everything is conditioning good or bad.
Jacks are awesome little dogs.

Awesome pooch there P.Dog!:thumbup::D
I love those little rascals. When I was in college, our grounds keeper had a female JR named Zippy who rode in his jacket while he was riding his motorcycle. Zippy would always herd our little Shetland pony and 3 Clydesdales back to pasture when they broke out. That was a total trip to see a little dog chasing horses around.:eek:

One Dog & A Cup? :D:D:D:D

2009011120robin.jpg

WRONG... justtt... wronggg LOL:D

Good looking pup. She's gonna be a handful and will probably rule the roost before full grown.

We've got a Jack Russell, Pug, chihuahua mix that is the sweetest pup we've ever owned. That is, until she is approached by a larger male and he starts sniffing around, or shows aggression. She is short and squatty with lots of loose skin around her neck and she goes in low and starts biting the underbelly. Pure fighting machine with manners. :D

This pic of her will probably be how she will look when she pushes Maisy too far !!!

2009011120robin.jpg

LOL ! High Speed - Low Drag !
Love those little boogers ! My Father has a Fox Terr. (Jack with long legs)
His name is Blaze & man this dog can really move !!!! Never seen a breed of dog with this much energy !!!!
Good looking pup you got 'Ol Bud :thumbup:

Back