Watches & Knives

Pretty self-explanatory title. ;)

I thought I'd combine my 3 favorite things; knives, watches, and photography into one topic. Since I always slip watches into the knife pic's I take anyway this post seemed the next logical step.

If anyone else is into knives and watches, feel free to add to the thread. The more the merrier. :D

My new R.J. Martin Contender & my new Seiko Diver "Buzz saw". Both arrived on the same day. Good day. :)

Brian Tighe necker & Zodiac sports watch. Can't remember the name... D'Oh!

Joel Chamblin LDC-1 #9 & Aeromatic WWII replica pilots watch

Microtech CMTX5-M & Seiko "Atlas"

Comments Welcome. :)

GREAT pics Physics.... as always. Oh yea.... nice knives to. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

I'll second, third, or fourth what was said:D. Preston

Not quite as nice as Physic's pics...

0009ccqx

Thanks for the compliments guys. :eek:

rdelliot: I've always wanted a SAR. Great watch! And I love that BK-9. It looks great stripped of that heavy "crinkle" coating. Awesome! I have a Becker Crewman and love the knife but not the coating as it chips off and is so thick it interferes with sharpening the blade. Can't really use a flint with it either. Did you remove it yourself or have it done ?

Thanks for sharing the pic. :thumbup:

Physics said:
rdelliot: I've always wanted a SAR. Great watch! And I love that BK-9. It looks great stripped of that heavy "crinkle" coating. Awesome! I have a Becker Crewman and love the knife but not the coating as it chips off and is so thick it interferes with sharpening the blade. Can't really use a flint with it either. Did you remove it yourself or have it done ?
QUOTE]

Thanks :). I cannot praise the SAR highly enough. Wonderful watch. Keeps great time, and rock solid. Showed it to a buddy of mine who used to be in the Canadian Forces, and he said "Yeah, you can tell it's Canadian issue; we don't care how much it weighs so long as it's indestructible".

Looks like you've got a really nice stable of watches there; I really like the Seiko you've paired with the Microtech.

I did the BK-9 myself; Lepage Poly-Strippa took the coating off quite nicely. There's some sort of grayish (phosphate?) coating underneath; I rubbed some of that off with a Gerber finishing stone (the one that's got fine abrasive in a rubber matrix), but it seems to wearing off with use fairly quickly. It's a great knife; kind of follows the same design philosophy as the SAR.

Thanks for the info, rdelliot. I might try something like that with my Crewman.

The Seiko with CMTX5-M is model #SKZ211
It's an awesome watch. I've had it for awhile now and can wholeheartedly recommend one. I got mine with the stainless bracelet but switched to the Zulu dive strap over the winter because the metal bracelet got cold. It's also available in a dark blue or white face.

RL: Awesome combo!

I love that Seiko. I forgot all about the milemarker until just now. I gotta go look around for one those since it just shot straight to the top of my "Most Wanted" list. :D

Thanks...and I won't even tell you that instead of the $400 retail, I got it for $160...cause then you might feel bad ;)

RL

An excellent choice! :thumbup:

I have both of those models myself. Well actually my Seiko 5 has a blue face but still... :)

Thanks for nice additions to the thread.

Some dive tools...a Strider BD and an old Tag with luminous dial and PVD coating

standard.jpg

Tried my new SAR Knives Hornet EDC with my Nautica, just to practice on the theme. Still needs work, but at least I think I know now the problem's in my software manipulation for posting, and not my setup or camera. When I direct printed this from the camera, it was crystal clear. Off to experiment some more. :eek:

is.php

OK, I'll play. Here's a trio: Bud Weston pearl folder, Jaeger-LeCoultre "Shadow" Reverso, and Mont Blanc "Solitaire".

139438316.jpg

Back