waterjet cutters

I'm looking to get some knives waterjeted and was wondering if you guys knew of any one or had anyone you would recommend I'm looking to get two or three designs cut and probably five to ten of each depending on price
thanks chris

Halpern Titanium, they are an excellent company to deal with.

~Chip

YOu can also check with Great Lakes Water Jet. Dave is a pretty good guy to work with.

+1 on the above mentioned companies.

I would also suggest trying to find some local machine companies in your area to possibly do a walk in/pick up.

12345678910, it took michdad over 6 months to get his parts. he's not the only person that has had this same problem. i was a mod on glwj sub forum and i had people contact me wanting to know where their parts were that they paid for, i had to tell them i have no idea. i done some business with him and got ripped off too. i would go with H2Oknife and who has a waterjet service that has been in service for 10 years. he is also a paid member here on the forum.

Last edited:
12345678910, it took michdad over 6 months to get his parts. he's not the only person that has had this same problem. i was a mod on glwj sub forum and i had people contact me wanting to know where their parts were that they paid for, i had to tell them i have no idea. i done some business with him and got ripped off too. i would go with H2Oknife and who has a waterjet service that has been in service for 10 years. he is also a paid member here on the forum.

I have dealt with Halpern on purchases, not water-jet cutting but those experiences were excellent.

Last edited:
thanks guys i had considered great lakes but when i looked at the forum he had a lot of bad reviews as far as turn over went. Does h2o knife have a website just did a google search and didn't spot them
thanks chris

i talked with GLWJ he seemed very nice but i sent my design to him and i never heard anything else. i think i got a hold of him once several weeks later and he said he was going to do my order later that day. after that he didnt return my phone calls or emails. i never got charged thankfully but i never got my parts either...........

sorry to hear it wasnt just me

jake

In all fairness, I've dealt with both Halpern and Great Lakes.

Marianne and Les Halpern are great folks. I enjoy their company at shows, and buy a fair amount of material from them.
I have had them waterjet some parts too, they did a great job, a little pricey, but they are proud of their work, and rightfully so.

David at Great Lakes has done the bulk of my waterjet work, well over a thousand parts now.
I see at least 16 invoices in my mailbox.
Personally, I have never had any issues with service, or quality.
I have always had great service.
I did get some scrap parts, that were cut to the wrong drawing once, but when I complained to David about it and told him I didn't want to pay, he said, don't worry, new parts are on the way.
Sure enough, in the mail that very day were 12 new blades cut to the correct drawing, shipped priority.
I thought that was pretty good business.

I am now hearing that I may be the exception, and not the rule, but I wanted to put my experiences out there.

Makes me kind of sad seeing these posts, as I've always felt David was a great asset.

Well Chris, I guess I won't respond to your e-mail with a quote since there's no need.

Michdad, I apologize once again for the problems you had with me. But you can stop bad mouthing because I did make it right. You may not accept, but you are welcome at my shop and home anytime. Come on down and we''ll make some knives.

12345678910, do you still feel the need to start $hit when you don't even know me??? How many more forums will you be banned from? How many has it been?

Jake, I'm sorry I never got back to you on your stuff. Quite honestly, I barely remember. But since you live close by, give me a call, come on over and we can make your parts anytime if you like...no charge! Fair enough?

Richard, well what can I say to you. You just can't leave well enough alone. E-mailing and calling my customers just to talk trash about me??? Do you think I don't know what you are up to? Shame on you! Trying to extort money from me after I already payed you??? Begging me not to 1099 you and send cash so you don't loose your benefits??? Cheating the government are we??? Well Richard you will be receiving a 1099 for services you performed for my company from my tax attorney and probably a member of your state government. Richard, this is a public and final warning from me personally for you to stop harassing me and trying to damage my business. Understand???!!!

Guys I've always tried to be the best at what I do. I'm not perfect, nor is anyone. I've had 4 customers that I could not please no matter what I did. That's from day 1 when I started this business. I brought a lot of people to Bladeforums and the forums also returned the favor. I have nothing against Bladeforums itself, just a few $$$$talkers. Once again, I am 1 man with a small business trying to make a living for my family. I will make a mistake, but I will do my best to make it right. If anyone feels the need to talk to me, I have e-mail and phone. If that's not good enough, come on by the shop. I welcome everyone. Just be ready to make a knife! Thank you for your time.

Well Chris, I guess I won't respond to your e-mail with a quote since there's no need.

Michdad, I apologize once again for the problems you had with me. But you can stop bad mouthing because I did make it right. You may not accept, but you are welcome at my shop and home anytime. Come on down and we''ll make some knives.

12345678910, do you still feel the need to start $hit when you don't even know me??? How many more forums will you be banned from? How many has it been?

Jake, I'm sorry I never got back to you on your stuff. Quite honestly, I barely remember. But since you live close by, give me a call, come on over and we can make your parts anytime if you like...no charge! Fair enough?

Richard, well what can I say to you. You just can't leave well enough alone. E-mailing and calling my customers just to talk trash about me??? Do you think I don't know what you are up to? Shame on you! Trying to extort money from me after I already payed you??? Begging me not to 1099 you and send cash so you don't loose your benefits??? Cheating the government are we??? Well Richard you will be receiving a 1099 for services you performed for my company from my tax attorney and probably a member of your state government. Richard, this is a public and final warning from me personally for you to stop harassing me and trying to damage my business. Understand???!!!

Guys I've always tried to be the best at what I do. I'm not perfect, nor is anyone. I've had 4 customers that I could not please no matter what I did. That's from day 1 when I started this business. I brought a lot of people to Bladeforums and the forums also returned the favor. I have nothing against Bladeforums itself, just a few $$$$talkers. Once again, I am 1 man with a small business trying to make a living for my family. I will make a mistake, but I will do my best to make it right. If anyone feels the need to talk to me, I have e-mail and phone. If that's not good enough, come on by the shop. I welcome everyone. Just be ready to make a knife! Thank you for your time.

I asked a reasonable question about why one of your customers will not deal with you again.

I have not been banned from any forum.
I do not appreciate the feeble attempt to discredit me.

You are the sole creator of the bad press you are now the subject of.
I was unaware of your bad reviews until notified.

I'm sure you are not out to cheat anyone, but at the very least it seems you get overwhelmed and unable to cope with the workload and organizational details it takes to run your business.

Even worse from my perspective, it seems you have attempted to cover up your problems with deleting posts in your sub-forum and deliberately avoiding contact with your customers for months at a time.

As i recall you also posted customers designs on the forums or your site to offer them for sale as blanks to the general public without the origional designer's permission.

These are all public record available for the searching unless you deleted those posts.

I don't feel you are helping yourself with that hostile attitude.

Last edited:
Great Lakes... Knife makers FOR knife makers...

VERY HAPPY with price AND quality of work.

Charlie

I have dealt with Dave at GLWJ at least a dozen times and he has been absolutely first rate every time. He has delivered on time for a fair price. I cannot ask any more than that. I will order again every time I need his services. This thread needs to calm down.

I dont normally get into these kind of posts but I have to give my $.02 on this one. I have dealt with Dave (GLWJ) and he was a pleasure to deal with. I got exactly what I ordered and got it quickly. Also I have a buddy who ordered from him and got one pattern that was not quite what he ordered, not only did Dave replace that order but he also sent several (that is more than a couple) extra slipjoint blades and springs at no cost.
I havent dealt with the others mentioned here, but I can say that all I have ever gotten from Dave is great service.

Sean

I have not dealt with Dave business wise and I know this has no bearing here but I am involved in a benefit effort with him and he has been very, very generous. I can only assume that misunderstandings are to blame here, he has shown every effort to make things right in every case of which I am aware. Anyone who is in business in the production world knows that even two honest people can walk away from a deal with a bad taste in their mouth. It happens from time to time.

Back