Waterway

Thanks Jordan. Spyderco did a really good job of staying true to the design and even worked with me through a number of prototypes to get everything just right. Amazing company. I’m looking forward to hearing feedback from you and others once the Waterway makes it to market and y’all get a chance to use and abuse it.
I just found out about this, and I think this will replace my boning knife at work. I am a Butcher, and the soft steels that are commercially available leave me wanting...

Thanks for your efforts.

By all specs available this knife seems perfect for saltwater fishing, can't wait to get it on my hands. Any new info about release date?

I do a lot of saltwater fishing and that’s the main reason I want one. Hopefully before the end of the year!

This thread and knife escaped me until today. Congrats Lance!

Looks like they will truly land "soon"!

Knifecenter has them available for pre-order. Congrats, I like it. Is it thin enough for filleting?

Can't wait for this to finally come out. Preorder is in. Last I heard we were just waiting on sheaths. Any further updates?

Thinking I might get one for my dad. It's freshwater fishing here. He goes up to Sturgeon Bay a few times a year with some buddies, walleye hunting.

Despite being freshwater, corrosion is still an issue here.

I just received mine and my first impressions are positive. A few general thoughts:

The Waterway is slim, sleek and slicey. The traction on the handles has serious grip for wet environments and while the handle is definitely thin, it feels good in hand. The blade geometry seems like it could hold its own in the kitchen yet excel at basic woods tasks. I would definitely take the Waterway on a fishing expedition. The last 1/2” of the blade is thin to the tip, which fits this knife perfectly. I will get it out on a few hikes an see how it performs.

Last edited:
Back