Waterway

Thanks, but add $100 in customs, VAT and shipping, + potential customs problems when importing a knife. Too much hassle a knife. I'll better wait untill it's available in EU.

Yeah I know..

But I don't even know if this knife ever will come to Norway, and I would still have to pay for shipping + VAT if I bought from another EU country as Norway is not politically part of the EU. Often it is even more expensive to buy from EU than US. As in this case.

Lamnia(EU) - 180$
DLT Trading(US) - 130$

US for the win!:cool::thumbsup:

Yeah I didn't realize you're in Norway. Tho, I'm pretty sure Lamnia will deduct the VAT when shipping to a non-EU country, + you have free shipping, but they don't have it on stock yet and have no idea when it will be available.
I will probably buy two waterways, one for saltwater fishing which I do a lot and don't want to use fishing knife or any other equipment for anything else..

Second one would be for camping/hiking, especially food prep. I want a simple high end fixed blade, bushcraft knives and folders just don't make the cut for me.

I will probably buy two waterways, one for saltwater fishing which I do a lot and don't want to use fishing knife or any other equipment for anything else..

Second one would be for camping/hiking, especially food prep. I want a simple high end fixed blade, bushcraft knives and folders just don't make the cut for me.

Good plan, If I was to miss out on this knife and it stopped producing I would go craaaaazy, and then I would have paid insane amounts in the used marked just to get hold of one...

Sources please?

Other than forum talk, remember we are not the masses buying knives..

Good grief. I don't think my statement is important enough to require "sources".

It's reasonable to assume that there is if at least a couple of the big retailers that I know of have been sold out within a day or so.

If you don't see that as being in demand, feel free to think otherwise.

Last edited:
We can't know how sales are going as we don't know the production numbers. But it should be going well as the selection this kind of utility knives is pretty poor. Add a new top performing rustproof steel, with little of advertising it should be a good seller...but that's just a theory.

There are some relatively recent knives from Spyderco I would like to buy but they aren't available anymore (mostly from sprint runs), but I won't buy two of these because I want to make supply for future. I just need two knives for two different tasks and waterway seems perfect for both. Of course, I will use it few months before buying another one.

Good grief. I don't think my statement is important enough to require "sources".

It's reasonable to assume that there is if at least a couple of the big retailers that I know of have been sold out within a day or so.

If you don't see that as being in demand, feel free to think otherwise.

Calm down.

Just because some retailers are sold out doesn't mean this is a homerun. As the previous poster said, we don't know how many that retailer brought in. For all we know a handfull of forumites grabbed them all and sales might halt when they get a new batch in. I think we need a bit more time to see this through.

From what I see on the forums the knife gets way less attention then what I thought it would and what this nonpareil knife deserves.

Obviously this kind of knife will never have "wow" effect and won't get attention like some of the fancy folders or outdoor "supersteel" knives, but despite of that I'm happy that Spyderco offered such a product on the market.
Many of us have been waiting for similar knife for years, now it's finally here (hope so, still didn't try ito_O)

Reactions: 353
I think this is a knife that will sell well at outdoors type stores such as Cabela's and Bass Pro shop.

I wish I had the money to get my dad one.

I can only think of one case where I bought two of the same model ( wasn’t spyderco). Not usually my thing but I am seriously thinking about buying a second one

I received mine today. The finish (handle) was less good in general than all of the Spyderco folders I have, In a way that's good because I tend to be precious about my near perfect knives. This, I won't have any hesitation putting to work. It's a little larger than expected but not by much.
I am really looking forward to putting the LC200N to work and seeing how it holds an edge and sharpens.
Mine will be on camp and kitchen duties. I will use it for fish but in all honesty, I don't fish all that often.

I've been carrying mine now for a couple of days. Not all that much use yet, but I love this knife and the sheath.

For me the knife is a bit too big to carry with the optional horizontal carry. In the regular carry the handle will ride pretty high but this also means the sheath rides high, so it won't interfere every time you take a seat.

This also makes the knife and sheath pretty much invisible if you just put your shirt or t-shirt over the knife carrying it.

If your lokal laws allows it, this is a great fixed EDC blade.

Great job Lance & Spyderco!! :cool::thumbsup:

Here are a few pics from the last week with my Waterway. Of course I am biased but I'm very happy with mine.

fDgf3DM.jpg

z07WYYG.jpg

363zHl9.jpg

K4xbfNC.jpg

m0nycG5.jpg

HIlJdY0.jpg

Surfingringo Surfingringo now, you know I do not need any more knives, truly trying to 'cut' back but, this one sure looks great, nice job !
G2

Nice, I took the 'plunge' so to speak and have one on order with DLT hopefully will land early next week.
I especially like the guard area that comes down with handle material on it, looks to be a good design right there and overall, pretty sleek blade sir !
G2

Well.... it was supposed to have arrived yesterday but it seems caught in a rip current and hasn’t made its way here yet. :(
G2

Back