Waterway

Mine is HERE!!!!!

Holy pancake the handle is grippy! It is like someone glued the knife onto your hand.
I pretty much love slim handles (I like them more then like broomstick handles) so this is a win for me.

Thank you Lance and Sal for this model.

With a millie.
GS3EqM0.jpg

So yeah, my first impressions.
I really like the knife. I like the thin and grippy handle, blade has a very nice grind and shape. The feel in the hand is just...right.
Sheath has a good retention, but for some reason, every time I pull the knife out there some little kydex pieces on blade. I tried rinsed it with water, maybe I try some compressed air.

One thing that I am neutral is the G clip. It is very hard to put on belt and it pain in the .... to remove from belt. It is doing a good job staying on belt, but when I need to remove it, it dont want to go. One solution is pull the whole belt out of pants and slide it out (just like with normal loop).

Had one in my Spyderco cart but I waited too long and it "sold out" before I completed the purchase. You snooze, you loose.

Was going to try it out as a kitchen knife and use it camping/hiking if needed for that purpose. I don't do any fishing but I do clean my own fish. Will just have to keep checking to see when it becomes available again.

Oh well . . .

Received mine last week, have been carrying it exclusively.

G10 is grippy, which I like. Edge is just a little uneven, but not bad.

My favorite qualities so far are: light weight, size, thinness of blade, and the SHEATH. I really like the sheath. Way to go Spyderco and Lance.

Had one in my Spyderco cart but I waited too long and it "sold out" before I completed the purchase. You snooze, you loose.

Was going to try it out as a kitchen knife and use it camping/hiking if needed for that purpose. I don't do any fishing but I do clean my own fish. Will just have to keep checking to see when it becomes available again.

Oh well . . .
? It's available on BladeHQ, KnivesShipFree, KnifeCenter, DLTTrading, eBay, etc.

I ordered one yesterday. Seems like it'll be a perfect general purpose knife for the outdoors.

? It's available on BladeHQ, KnivesShipFree, KnifeCenter, DLTTrading, eBay, etc.

I know but I only want to buy it from Spyderco because I get 50% off as an OpFocus member. It's a matter of $130 vs $100.

I don't want it bad enough to pay the extra $30. I have paid and extra 15% MAP to dealers for other popular knives that were sold out at Spyderco but I can wait for a Waterway.

Last edited:
It arrived a few days ago, and it lives up to the promise. The handle is really grippy, as others have said. The size and shape remind me a lot of the Al Mar eagle:
teJrW8C.jpg

It's basically a more robust version. I think I'd be happy with just these two knives. Maybe would keep an Al Mar hawk or falcon for something smaller.

Thanks for a great design, Lance. One thing I was wondering, as with all Spyderco knives: How much does the Spyder-hole weaken the blade?

Last edited:
A little photo from last saturday.
0O5vFtN.jpg

Weather was really beutiful, a very nice trip with my friend and a Waterway.

E emptym I would say that the plung line, grind line is a more of a stress point then the round hole. Grind has a 90° edge, and sharp corners are more prone to be stress risers then round holes......But who knows, Waterway is really not a knife that I am going to batton wood with (have others).

I got a Waterway in today along with an Endela. I love both of these knives. I plan on using the Waterway as a Fishing/Camp/Hike/Food Prep Knife. After thinking about it, I now have two Spyderco Fixed Blade knives and both are Salt knives. The Jumpmaster 2 and the Waterway. I want to say to the designer of the Waterway, great job Lance Clinton. The G10 slabs are the bomb, I love the way it feels in my hand. I have been using LC200N for a while in my Autonomy 2 and it is a great steel especially around water.

I've been using Waterway for last six months intensively for saltwater fishing and can not say enough how perfect this knife is for my tasks.

I also carry it on outdoor trips and hikes and apart from a SAK, all of my other knives became basicaly unused since I bought it.

Yesterday I caught my first bluefin tuna, and as I know Lance catches a lot of tuna and has designed this knife for the task, it felt very satesfied that this knife came back to it's origins:D

Unfortunately due to intensive adrenaline I don't have an after action action photo of the tuna and the knife together.
p.jpeg

p.jpeg

Back