Wave my Coldsteel

Hi, this is my first post. Great forum. I have an American Lawman and just ordered a Pro Lite with blue handle. I would like to wave one, but not with wire ties or electrical connectors. I also don't think I am capable of grinding the blade to make the wave. Is there anything out there I can buy?

:) Welcome ! I just use zip ties . I don't know of a commercial fix . Id be interested , also . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

$15 for a piece of machined and anodized aluminum actually doesn't sound too bad to me...I think I'm gonna order one for my Holdout :)

~Chip

It looks like the "wave" is plastic. The description on the web site only mentions the material of the aluminum thumb stud and ss screw. Nothing on the "wave" material. I'm still gonna get one.

It looks like the "wave" is plastic. The description on the web site only mentions the material of the aluminum thumb stud and ss screw. Nothing on the "wave" material. I'm still gonna get one.

You are correct, it is definitely plastic, actually, it looks 3D printed to me. On one of the website pages, you can put your cursor on the pic and you get an extreme blow up and looks to me like you can see the 3D print lines and or mold lines.

Just sent them an email:

"What material is the "tooth" made of? It kind of looks like 3d printed plastic and I'm worried about it breaking if aggressively used in a stressful situation."

I'll let you know the response.

~Chip

By the time I shell out $15 EACH for this little plastic widget for all my CS that could use one , I could easily afford another entire knife or two . No thank you . Id' be OK for 10 for $15 . They would make a tidy profit at that . YMMV cause I'm cheap ! :p

Pretty fast reply:

"The SnaggletoothMF is injection molded of Delrin. Delrin is a very strong and resilient plastic. It has a natural lubricity and is impervious to most chemicals. Bleach seems to be it achilles' heel. Plastic springs and other high demand parts are made of Delrin because of it's great properties. We use only true Delrin which is a DuPont material. The SnaggleToothMF is very tough, not like a 3D print. If you order one, and are not satisfied we will gladly refund your money. I don't think you will be disappointed. Thanks for inquiring and I hope to hear from you again.
Regards,
Rob

P.S. Just to let you know, the molds, thumb studs, screws, stickers, Delrin and the actual molding of the parts are all American."

I think I'm going to give it a shot.

~Chip

Back