Wave my Coldsteel

Is there a list of knives that STMF fits on? Didn't see anything on their website. So far I put one on:
Voyager
American Lawman
Griptilian

Please cut and paste and add to the list if you like.

Snaggletooth commented on one of my EDC Pics on Instagram 2days ago which had a CS ProLite in it. One of my beaters for work, anyways that’s the first I’ve heard of them.

Looks like a future buy for some of my other CS Knives...

Snaggleteeth are a great invention. I've got them installed on seven of my Cold Steel XL folder models that didn't come with thumbplates.

Can someone post a pic of a Broken Skull with Snaggletooth installed, please ?

Is there a list of knives that STMF fits on? Didn't see anything on their website. So far I put one on:
Voyager
American Lawman
Griptilian

Please cut and paste and add to the list if you like.

Voyager Tanto XL
Hold Out 4"
IMG_20180602_1450166071.jpg

Last edited:
I just purchased a set of 3 for $30.00.

My Cold Steel Knives are:
- Cold Steel Recon 1, Spear Point, 4 Inch, CTS-XHP
- Cold Steel Code-4, Spear Point, 3.5 Inch, CTS XHP

Looks like a decent idea so I'm giving it a go.
You won't be disappointed.

I just purchased a set of 3 for $30.00.

My Cold Steel Knives are:
- Cold Steel Recon 1, Spear Point, 4 Inch, CTS-XHP
- Cold Steel Code-4, Spear Point, 3.5 Inch, CTS XHP

Looks like a decent idea so I'm giving it a go.
You made a good call sir! They work on other brands too. Although the 3 I have are all on CS knives.

So it works good and helps lock up nicely with practice on the Broken Skull? (Hope you know what I meant regarding the Lock Up, I’m just not sure how to phrase it now)

Also, when you bought your Broken Skull, did you notice it had a coating of grease on it like they do with some firearms? Only CS I have that had a grease coating lol

Thanks for posting those pictures, I really want one now..

So it works good and helps lock up nicely with practice on the Broken Skull? (Hope you know what I meant regarding the Lock Up, I’m just not sure how to phrase it now)

Also, when you bought your Broken Skull, did you notice it had a coating of grease on it like they do with some firearms? Only CS I have that had a grease coating lol

Thanks for posting those pictures, I really want one now..

It locks up just as nicely. And no, neither of mine came with grease on the blades, though the DLC coating seems to show fingerprints and moisture more than an uncoated blade. Hope that helps, the waves broken skull is my typical EDC and it's great aside from the writing on the blade.

It locks up just as nicely. And no, neither of mine came with grease on the blades, though the DLC coating seems to show fingerprints and moisture more than an uncoated blade. Hope that helps, the waves broken skull is my typical EDC and it's great aside from the writing on the blade.
Thanks for the info, been using it as my EDC lately, would be nice with a Snaggletooth. I don’t care for the Writing on the Blade either. I just like the design, usually wouldn’t carry such a Slim knife but its handle feels good in my hands, really like the buck 110 style blade at 4in length also. Only con as usual is the tight pocket clip, needs some adjusting...

As for the grease, believe it just thinned out the lubricant CS put on it, was probably stored in the heat.

Thanks for the info, been using it as my EDC lately, would be nice with a Snaggletooth. I don’t care for the Writing on the Blade either. I just like the design, usually wouldn’t carry such a Slim knife but its handle feels good in my hands, really like the buck 110 style blade at 4in length also. Only con as usual is the tight pocket clip, needs some adjusting...

As for the grease, believe it just thinned out the lubricant CS put on it, was probably stored in the heat.
Yeah it is like a modern buck 110. With better steel, way lighter, probably stronger lockup and a pocket clip to boot. I had to adjust the pocket clip as well, using a thin cord to slightly bend it out. With the Snaggletooth it's one heck of a knife, especially for the price.

Yeah it is like a modern buck 110. With better steel, way lighter, probably stronger lockup and a pocket clip to boot. I had to adjust the pocket clip as well, using a thin cord to slightly bend it out. With the Snaggletooth it's one heck of a knife, especially for the price.
One of the best folders I have for $63
I want to buy another Recon 1 but the prices have jumped lately, last one I had only cost around $65.
Thinking a Voyager will be my next CS buy.
I was originally going to order a SpyderCo Endura off Amazon until I ran across the Coyote Tan Broken Skull at that price Lol
I’ll have to get a SpyderCo knife next, don’t own any. Really like the Endura’s design and build.

One of the best folders I have for $63
I want to buy another Recon 1 but the prices have jumped lately, last one I had only cost around $65.
Thinking a Voyager will be my next CS buy.
I was originally going to order a SpyderCo Endura off Amazon until I ran across the Coyote Tan Broken Skull at that price Lol
I’ll have to get a SpyderCo knife next, don’t own any. Really like the Endura’s design and build.
The Voyager is ok, in cts bd1 or aus10, though the handle is a bit wide for me. Spyderco has some great knives, but I sold my Endura that I bought right from their Golden CO store. What I didn't like was that it's point wasn't very fine, mine had vertical blade play, and the VG10 steel was too soft for me. I had to resharpen too often for my liking. The paramilitary 1 and 2 are really top notch though.

The Voyager is ok, in cts bd1 or aus10, though the handle is a bit wide for me. Spyderco has some great knives, but I sold my Endura that I bought right from their Golden CO store. What I didn't like was that it's point wasn't very fine, mine had vertical blade play, and the VG10 steel was too soft for me. I had to resharpen too often for my liking. The paramilitary 1 and 2 are really top notch though.
Thanks for the info, one of the main reasons I like CTS-XHP is it holds an edge longer and is quicker to sharpen than VG-10 and similar material.
Would like to get a few more with XHP blades.
CS AUS-8A wasn’t bad, holds a sharp edge but wears easier, can be sharpened right back to a razor edge quickly though.

As for the Voyager handle, I like the wide handles as I have big hands.
I may try to find a local dealer that carries them to double check though.

I’m still playing catch up with knives lately, wish I would have bought more Quality knives when I had my last job. Gun hobby just ate that budget up lol
Also trying to find a decent $100 sharpener that clamps the knife and has set angle adjustments. Looked at some Lansky’s but heard a lot of bad reviews as well so I’m still searching.

Thanks for the info, one of the main reasons I like CTS-XHP is it holds an edge longer and is quicker to sharpen than VG-10 and similar material.
Would like to get a few more with XHP blades.
CS AUS-8A wasn’t bad, holds a sharp edge but wears easier, can be sharpened right back to a razor edge quickly though.

As for the Voyager handle, I like the wide handles as I have big hands.
I may try to find a local dealer that carries them to double check though.

I’m still playing catch up with knives lately, wish I would have bought more Quality knives when I had my last job. Gun hobby just ate that budget up lol
Also trying to find a decent $100 sharpener that clamps the knife and has set angle adjustments. Looked at some Lansky’s but heard a lot of bad reviews as well so I’m still searching.
I sharpen freehand, but used to get good results with a lansky system for medium and small blades. Wouldn't use one for a Trailmaster though...

I sharpen freehand, but used to get good results with a lansky system for medium and small blades. Wouldn't use one for a Trailmaster though...
I’ve been practicing Freehand but not good enough yet.
In the past I mainly sent my knives to their manufacturer for sharpening or a local Bladesmith.
My CS Magnum Tanto IX in VG-1 San mai III will definitely be sharpened by CS lol
That was my first CS knife actually..

Back