Wave my Coldsteel

I got it online. It's called a snaggletoothmf.
is the website. I found them on a youtube channel.

We are not supposed to link to items for sale on a website unless that website is a paying affiliate of bladeforums. Or atleast that’s what I thought.

Either way I have known about this device for a little while now and think it is very cool. I would like to see them make some for say, Benchmade knives.

Alot of Benchmade knives have thumb studs that unscrew into two halfs, one on each side of the blade. It would be awesome if you could unscrew one half of the BM thumb stuf and replace it with a snaggletooth type item.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been waiting for something like this since I got my voyager last year. I’m so used to wave opening now that I’ve been using an Ak-47 for the last 2 years and a raja iii for 3 years before that. I wonder if they have any plans for different materials later, titanium could be nice. Thank you to everyone who posted info on these, I’m ordering one ASAP.

I have been waiting for something like this since I got my voyager last year. I’m so used to wave opening now that I’ve been using an Ak-47 for the last 2 years and a raja iii for 3 years before that. I wonder if they have any plans for different materials later, titanium could be nice. Thank you to everyone who posted info on these, I’m ordering one ASAP.
I suggest ordering multiple, sometimes you will receive an extra one. Besides, I guarantee that you'll want more later and you save by ordering at least 3.

As far as the materials, I've had no issues so far. Seems very sturdy and won't mar your blade.

Hey Guys and gals

I picked up a snaggletooth three pack awhile ago and just wanted to share

Fwh5uv6.jpg

Tip: watch a particular youtube channel get a 20% off code

[update] I’ve been using mine daily for the last 9 months and it has held up flawlessly. I haven’t had to do any maintenance or adjustments. Upon close inspection it still looks brand new. I think they made a good choice by using Delrin as opposed to nylon or something like that. I still hope they offer them in aluminum eventually, but I plan on ordering a 10 pack of the Delrin soon, just in case. These things are outstanding and in my opinion worth the price tag. I think I’m going to remove it and locktite the hell out of it when I put it back on, I want it to be permanently attached to my voyager from now on.

[update] I’ve been using mine daily for the last 9 months and it has held up flawlessly. I haven’t had to do any maintenance or adjustments. Upon close inspection it still looks brand new. I think they made a good choice by using Delrin as opposed to nylon or something like that. I still hope they offer them in aluminum eventually, but I plan on ordering a 10 pack of the Delrin soon, just in case. These things are outstanding and in my opinion worth the price tag. I think I’m going to remove it and locktite the hell out of it when I put it back on, I want it to be permanently attached to my voyager from now on.
Just a heads up, loctite is known to attack some plastics. I used thin CA to "permanently" install mine on my Holdout;)

~Chip

I have about 5 knives with the Snaggletooth MF attached, and have yet to have any loosen or have any issues. I use and wave these knives often. I think they're great, and they fit many other brands as well.

Hope no one minds me bumping this thread. I just found that Snaggletooth now makes two sizes of aluminum wave devices. They even offer different colors.

I have 7 of the originals installed on knives I carry, and have had only one issue that was quickly addressed by the owner.

I have no affiliation with the company BTW, just wanted to let others know that aluminum ones are now available. I just ordered one and it’s marked as shipped.

Snaggletooth gets 3 out of 5 stars from me .

One star off for ridiculous excessive prices for what you get .

2nd star lost due to the very poorly designed ( or just found available off the shelf) fastener nut that you must use as a thumb stud . Unpleasantly sharp to handle , especially on an XL Cold Steel that requires some force to push open .

They do work to wave fairly well and are a bit gentler on clothing than most others .

I like everything about my SnaggleToothMF except the hexagonal thumb stud, so I wrote to the company and asked them if they had any solutions for that issue, specifically for the one installed on my XL Voyager.

They wrote back and said that yes, current SnaggleToothMF orders ship out with screws that work for most Cold Steel and Benchmade thumb studs, and that since I had an older one they'd be happy to ship me the screws for free. I offered to pay; they insisted. The screws arrived a few days later, and the first one I tried worked flawlessly on my XL Voyager. A+ customer service. :)

This is now the perfect aftermarket solution for me, combining a minimal form factor for the add-on with the original thumb stud. :thumbsup:

YyTeyOy.jpg

TEz3CsJ.jpg

LwU8YvN.jpg

I like everything about my SnaggleToothMF except the hexagonal thumb stud, so I wrote to the company and asked them if they had any solutions for that issue, specifically for the one installed on my XL Voyager.

They wrote back and said that yes, current SnaggleToothMF orders ship out with screws that work for most Cold Steel and Benchmade thumb studs, and that since I had an older one they'd be happy to ship me the screws for free. I offered to pay; they insisted. The screws arrived a few days later, and the first one I tried worked flawlessly on my XL Voyager. A+ customer service. :)

This is now the perfect aftermarket solution for me, combining a minimal form factor for the add-on with the original thumb stud. :thumbsup:

YyTeyOy.jpg

TEz3CsJ.jpg

LwU8YvN.jpg
Wish I could like this twice because Rob at Snaggletooth has been good to go since the beginning.

I ordered one earlier this week and it came in today. Just stuck it on my Frenzy. Thing is too damn much fun! :cool:

The blade on the Frenzy is so massive that it’s a cinch to wave open - far easier than most Emersons. Too much leverage to deny I guess. :D

9-A63-CCC6-5-DB8-43-D3-8325-F32128-F39-B92.jpg

Hope no one minds me bumping this thread. I just found that Snaggletooth now makes two sizes of aluminum wave devices. They even offer different colors.

I have 7 of the originals installed on knives I carry, and that was quickly addressed by the owner.

I have no affiliation with the company BTW, just wanted to let others know that aluminum ones are now available. I just ordered one and it’s marked as shipped.
have had only one issue
Шнат опе

I have 7 of the originals installed on knives I carry, and that was quickly addressed by the owner.

have had only one issue

Back