Wayfarer 247 's Show off your Olamic 247!

It's really amazing how Olamic has still managed to make most Wayfarer 247's unique! I just ordered one and wanted to see some other people's design choices. There are literally millions of possible combinations, let's see some !

Here's the one I ordered. Entropic finish and file work in a bit of a combination of the "S" and "Storms" pattern.

I read up on the Entropic process, it's actually not that hard to do.
To do WELL, maybe not so easy.
But basically a heat treat with a chemical dip and lots of elbow grease.

Looking forward to trying it.

Edit- it's pretty hard to get decent color!

Last edited:
FvkW4dMNJj5-Vc4rykwpxIgkauUsRoVLAn3Lf-0tbyAffBRdZmdRJ3xBE4o8UL4SUt2pTqYOYyMGhmEFpF_1YYCugxkQVY5axQyYJfIq_6wC_YDdQ-xE4Sma8XWdbBPShiiGBV0JeGBvYl5qpWHcc5DA-kiMVc0cTG-w5B3c8FMR5slDqrScvK_NhVynb-9X2TonVuvE3v9R24ndi7YCh_97tIqojClilbr6o_k1ZQ4HFgZlw13YU9mldEt_zG7IZALs79rkmAoDwV6hOkWgli7JMeyq0WiZhowrfzB95-qqDUeHefUJVrlqx5RX4h5lpahXtzAChMgwakS23NDRpbm88ogxVGbWetcj6-DGfJVlQPFmAeeoBgWDPcmvAxMg6CKpGTmn-Zuuf5pG-x72yUWm_RBdtBF9i4hLoxjPWqj9Wum8zEPEsBVb76IKOd5gR-F5G4hxZl2AyLS1g5vLMKHqIWZDZUKiAiMQxoUSckSBoElJUq81sAaWjUDzQXxUErq2O_IRcWHanwW6bGXrO8R6HBiZXFzTh9y6jUiJp06h6a9MnyCMMzsx-ZNFJ2MksPLr_qiNKPMlm73MgZDqsR9VyzauttJypNOzo2Sm7EB1qtDq8EPSZfzr7aExMfUmj6EnEjCHaxlfMu2f24fRQ_RTKHRUS6vgT001ChKq8q8dz1CkDlZO_CHGvJ1P3H8=w1250-h937-no

Whoa, that's gorgeous!
I never liked the holes till I saw this one, now I get it!
Looks celestial, like an astrolabe or pic from Hubble. If and when it gets beat up a little drop me a line and I will do glowing outlines of the holes for you (not for money, just because) in strontium aluminate... I have every color of the rainbow and then some.

Is there a name for this particular pattern of holes?
Olamic is amazing, I can't believe the level of customization and their turnaround time, the guys set a high bar for every aspect of what they do.
I have been edc'ing my 247 and it's pretty beat up already but they wear well, I definitely don't regret beating on it.

^^ thanks , i kind of struggled with the blade choice but after watching few reviews made the final choice .

View attachment 1579082View attachment 1579083

I just discovered this brand last week at the Blade knife show. They are as well made as anything I saw there. This pattern on this 247 is called Acid Rain. It eliminates quite a bit of weight. The finish is their Blue Entropic. The knife also has a sculpted floating spacer. I really like their Tanto blade. I am very impressed with the company overall. Highly recommended. Thanks NewBlades16 NewBlades16 for the introduction to Eugene Solomonik.

^^^ Congratz Very Beautiful 247 !! Tanto blade looks awesome likes that it's not so angular , less hassle to sharpen.... My 247 is the top Dog in my small folders collection .

They made a beautiful black timascus and zirconium clip for me. Beautiful, but also works a lot better for me than the one that came with it.
I use my knives so you can see quite a bit of wear, to be fair Ilya warned me that a fancy anodized finish wasn't the best choice for a user, but I don't regret it.

Eye candy! Not everyone's taste, but definitely mine.

BF Olamic Entropic with Timascus Clip 1 copy.jpg

^^ It is beautiful and unique in it's own way ... one of the reasons i selected Wayfarer 247 as my top user , each one Unique !

Back