Wayne Goddard, My good friend

has passed away. . I was informed late yesterday afternoon that he passed earlier in the day. Haven't heard anything else.

Last edited:
That's a shame. My condolences. I liked his knives and his old column in Blade magazine. Maybe someone can post some of his knives.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Ray.
My condolences to all who knew and cherished this man, a great contributor to our interest and industry.

Prayers go out to you Ray, and Wayne's family. I cherish his $50 book in my collection.

Hard to the express how much Wayne gave back to the knife making world. His presence will be missed. He was a knife maker of the highest caliber and an even better teacher. RIP Wayne.

I still enjoy looking through the $50 Knife Shop and "the Wonder of Knifemaking" now and then. Not only did Wayne communicate an infectious passion for bladesmithing, he did it in such an empowering way. I didn't have &*%# back in the day but a couple of books, more or less of a roof to work under, a cobbled-together hand cranked charcoal forge, not even electric power other than a generator, and Wayne's words could really make me feel that I could hope to accomplish something nonetheless.
Nowadays everyone wants to teach everyone else about this craft... but things weren't always that way. Not only was he a great teacher but he set an example for others to follow, of openness with knowledge and embassadorship of the craft.
Rest in peace sir, and my sincere thanks to you.

Back