We 952x MRF, is the clip reversible? Polished Bead-blast finish?

I'm intrigued by the new We 952x MRF, Markus Reichart Folding, knife but only if the clip is reversible. I see mixed messages on this point at various retailers. The hidden screw design of the clip does look very nice, and could easily accommodate a visually clean reverse to the clip if it includes the proper features. But of course because the screws are hidden, it is difficult to tell from the photographs whether the mounting holes and slot in the scale exist to mount the clip on the left. Does anyone have any information on this?

One of the blade finishes for this knife is listed as "Polished Bead Blast" Because the blade looks rather shiny in photos, I assume that blades are first bead blasted and then given a high polish. If so, is there any reason why I should care that this blade was bead blasted prior to polishing? The other possibility is that the blade is first polished and then given a light bead blast to provide a slight (less than stonewash from the photos) satin finish. Again, any insights on this point would be great to hear.

I did try to contact We directly on the question of clip reversibility but their contact form behaves badly with my system.

I have received good response from them using their email.

sales@weknife.com

Given time zone differences, I have usually heard back from them the following day. Thus far I have been happy with their customer service.

As for the WE 925 MRF clip, I’m not sure if it’s reversible looking at the pictures. I was wondering that too. I’ll check it out when mine arrives and let you know.

Thanks. It would be great to read whatever impressions of this knife that you care to provide once you get it in hand. I will very likely get one (leaning the A variant) for myself if I can reverse the clip. We tends to leave us lefties behind with its main brand offerings, so I give any of those serious thought.

M MichaeLeroy

Here it is. I opted for the 925A as well. It is definitely a good choice! I really like the bead blasted blade. This knife has a strong pull, but is easy to pinch grip open.

View attachment 1269861
Great marbling on the carbon fiber.
View attachment 1269863
Here’s a few shots to show you the slot where you can take and move the pocket clip to for left hand carry.
View attachment 1269858 View attachment 1269859 View attachment 1269860
Since you can’t readily see how, I took the scale off to show you the how. This is what it looks like inside. So you can access the clip screws once the scale is removed and convert it to left hand carry. It will take a T6 torx. It’s very easy to do. You can also see the milling done to reduce weight in these pics. This is a very light for its size.
View attachment 1269865 View attachment 1269857
This also has what is the strongest, most solid lock up I have ever experienced in a slipjoint, thanks to the backspring fitting into this recess in the blade without actually locking it. The action is also great on this. Very nice touches on this!
View attachment 1269862
Feel free to hit me up if you have other questions. Always more than happy to BS about blades.

Thanks for the detailed photos, comments, and the verification that the hidden-mount clip is reversible. It's great design work to hide the clip mounting hardware and to make it reversible, so kudos to We and Mr. Reichart for making such a nice knife ambidextrous. This info, and the indication that the bead blast / marbled variant looks good in person was enough for me, so I ordered a 925A from my favorite retailer just before starting this post. It will be good to have a very classy looking non-threatening knife for those times that I need to dress up and not appear to be armed and dangerous. But I bet that it will also become a regular in my EDC rotation.

I deeply appreciate the time that you took to answer my questions, We Knives ought to give you a commission on my purchase ;).

Thanks for the detailed photos, comments, and the verification that the hidden-mount clip is reversible. It's great design work to hide the clip mounting hardware and to make it reversible, so kudos to We and Mr. Reichart for making such a nice knife ambidextrous. This info, and the indication that the bead blast / marbled variant looks good in person was enough for me, so I ordered a 925A from my favorite retailer just before starting this post. It will be good to have a very classy looking non-threatening knife for those times that I need to dress up and not appear to be armed and dangerous. But I bet that it will also become a regular in my EDC rotation.

I deeply appreciate the time that you took to answer my questions, We Knives ought to give you a commission on my purchase ;).

Not a problem at all. I already had this one coming, and I don’t mind taking a couple minutes to answer some questions. Hope you like yours when it arrives!

I've received my 952A. By first impressions, it lives up to my expectations and is an excellent and worthy addition to my EDC collection. A few observations:

Reversing the clip was only slightly more involved than usual, taking only a few minutes to accomplish. We could sell me more knives if they gave more serious consideration to left hand carry.

Fit and finish are impeccable. I'm happy that I got the bead-blast blade finish version; the blade and clip look similar enough that they do not clash.

The knife snaps into the open position with authority and there is little danger that the knife would close unexpectedly under reasonable use. It does take some care and force to close this knife. I have to pay attention to the tip of the as I close the knife but imagine that closure will become second nature with experience. Palming it down is not an option for me, but pressing with a sort of reverse pinch grip works nicely.

Back