We have lost a legend. RIP Harold "Kit" Carson

Went to CRKT's web site to see a tribute to Kit. There should be one, right? He collaborated with them alot. They show him proudly in their list of designers. Have for years.
Their tribute? Nothing but business as usual.

I'm disgusted with them.

My condolences to his family and friends. His contributions will not be forgotten.

Went to CRKT's web site to see a tribute to Kit. There should be one, right? He collaborated with them alot. They show him proudly in their list of designers. Have for years.

I'm disgusted with them.

I'd give it just a little more time. I'm sure they're working on something.

You may be gone but will never be forgotten.
Truly a legend that will live forever.
Condolences to the family.

I never had the opportunity to meet Kit, but I used to chat with him all the time in IRC and another forum's chat system until he stopped coming on a few year's back. He really was one of the nicest and most helpful people in the community, he would take the time to answer the most stupid questions from beginners and even stpider questions from experienced makers. ;)

I remember when he found out I used to turn pens on the lathe he boxed up a ton of blank material and extra pen kits he had laying around from when he had and shipped them to me.

This really is a huge loss to the community, he will definitely be missed.

-MJ :(

I'm disgusted with them.

CRKT talks about him pretty regularly, I'm guessing they are talking with the family right now before just slapping up a notice. They need to respect their privacy while at the same time honoring him. When a mutual friend of ours passed away last year I pm'd CRKT on FB and they got the word to him for me. Kit was always happy with his relationship with CRKT from when we chatted.

What a huge loss. Condolences and prayers to his family and friends.
Rest easy Kit.

He's been a top custom maker as far back as the mid 90's tactical folder boom (possibly earlier), alongside other greats like Terzuola.
I ended up with two Ti bolstered serrated blade M4's, a large and small.
Regretted selling them, but when I got back into collecting a few years ago, he was high on my list of "must re-acquire".
Proud to say I have a nicer non serrated large M4 now. It's perfection is a symbol of this great mans ability and attention to detail.

You will be missed, fine craftsman.

Never met the man but his Crkt designs really pushed me along in my knife journey. My condolences to all that knew him.

Kit was one of those guys that while he was a legend to many , he always remained grounded and stayed Kit.

Never forget our many phone calls , me constantly harassing him for years to build me a slipjoint , which he did....70% of the way , then in typical Kit style , put it in a box , sent it to me and told me not to screw it up.

He was a knifemaker , but he was also one heck of a person , and he was always quick to praise others. He was always there to answer any questions , or to tell you to buck up and straighten up. With Kit , you got what you got....something I always respected.

A mans man....a gentle giant , and I am a better person for having him as a friend.

Today he is around the campfire with many of the greats that have passed before him. I am not going to mourn his passing, instead I will celebrate his life and remember the times I had with him.

My first custom knife was an old Carson model 16 that I knew nothing about. He replied to my email and went out of his way to give me some cool history on it.
That's one of my favorite knife memories for sure- R.I.P.

RIP.

I'd been eyeing one of his CRKT designs (M4-02W) for awhile now. I went ahead and ordered it just now it as a small tribute.

Back