WE Knife Clones

In this thread I will post clones circulating where we get aware off.

To start with the Karambit 708:

Watch out for clones of our Karambit 708 model. For example available under the name Boker Magnum Taifun and Adola X-Treme Karambit, among others. Don't buy these. They're cheap clones and not by far of the quality of our original Karambit. Don't support this abusive practices.

clones of the karambit 708 scaled.jpg

Wow. I'm not incredibly familiar with the brand's history, but I'm surprised Boker would put something like that into production. It really is, at least stylistically and by shape, identical from what I can tell, other than that extra screw near the top of the ring and the different ring color?...

I have a couple of their products, but will be wary in the future now. Makes me sad...

Böker immediately acknowledged their Taifun being a clone and have discontinued it. It happened before. Some obscure Chinese, small manufacturers copy designs and offer these as OEM products to other companies/brands to brand them for their own purposes. The other company, Adola, also promised to do some investigation and put them on hold during this investigation.

Böker immediately acknowledged their Taifun being a clone and have discontinued it.

Ah, okay, that then bolsters my confidence in them the other way 'round, and will deal with Boker freely :)

Thanks again for the info!

20200308-073051.jpg

Clones suck, here's a photo of the real thing. I carry this thing everywhere as my backup knife

Back