WE Knives? Another high end Chinese company?

Considering a 706 from their budget line. Anyone have one?

I love my 703

Attachments

• IMG_2090.JPG
    IMG_2090.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 26
The 706 is a very well build sample. Ceramic bearings, super smooth and decent lockup. It is a big knife though with the 4" blade.

Yes indeed, WE need a subforum here. Don't give up Henk.
BTW, I heard rumours that WE is moving from the star screws to torx...
I would not like that. There are Zillions of knives with Torx screws, but IMO a WE is only a WE if it has stars....

From the budget line I own the 617. This knife is astonishingly well made. And I fondled the 703.
I think you can't get wrong with their budget line.

And now I am waiting for the 620... Aaarrgghh, the anticipation...

Especially at the tip. But yeah not a big deal.

yes Sir. all three of mine were that way. some rest of the edges better than the others, but all obtuse by too much. still worth the price points.

Last year, november, i send a message to the management of Bladeforums with the request for starting a subforum for WE Knife. Since i repeated this request several times. One time Spark answered that they were very busy with the new software for the forum but he would come back to me within reasonable time. Well this was 3 months ago. So 7 months later. Nothing. I give up. I guess i have to move to the other forum for a WE Knife subforum. What do you guys think?

I am sorry but are you representing WE?

Henk should answer this question, but I know he is very busy preparing an international knifemeeting (Bladestock).

But to make a long answer short: Yes he is indeed.

Hey I was just on the Farrum Forge Falcon Discussion board at Massdrop and I guess the first 500 knives are about done and going to be shipped by the middle of August!!:eek: This should mean an early arrival of the rest as well. I sure hope so November sounds like light years away :confused:o_O

Yea I dunno if the rest will ship sooner at all. But glad to hear I'll get it sooner than anticipated.

We knives just made the Boos Knives Smoke TS1. First production of 100 sold out in a few hours. I gotta say it's a hit! I love this thing. Looking forward to the next batch where he said carbon fiber should be available.

In any case it's a front flipper with s35vn and a really super light titanium frame.

The blade came sharp but not really great and the heal was not sharpened well at all which is the first we knives made knife I've got that wasn't that great in that aspect but ima sharpen it on the edge pro soon. It's a bit back heavy because the back spacer is ti and the blade is light and thin, but overall it's super light weigh. Fits in the pocket great as it's thin overall. Highly recommend this one.

Video of action
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXaxOWSAtPE/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXUEbWAAN8p/

Last edited:
Very cool blade Mo2. I haven't really liked the look of any of the front flipper knives I've seen until now!:eek: :thumbsup::cool: I might have to try one out when there available. :D

Reactions: Mo2
This thread is very inspiring, when finances allow it, I may grab one up. Other than the blade steel, what changes did WE make to the knives on their budget line?

Same ceramic bearings and detent ball.
Linerlock with nested liners in micarta scales instead of titanium framelock.
F+F is on the same high level.

i have my first WE made knife in the mail. Boos Blades Smoke incoming and i can't wait!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mo2
Has anyone heard an estimated release date for the Zeta that's more specific than "the end of the year"?

Back