WE Knives? Another high end Chinese company?

I think a team of lawy
It looks like the Slide lock on the Helix is similar to the Axis lock. One difference is that the blade is locked shut. Another difference is the spring design.
I wonder if this coming out after the Axis lock patent expired is coincidence or would this design have violated that patent? Just curious.
I think a team of lawyers could see enough similarities to cause a stir, but I see enough innovation and difference to maybe be seen as an improvement (?...).
Differences in springs, stop pins, it locks open and closed...not sure if there is much else but as far as I can see is the lock "bar" is the only similarity.
Maybe enough to raise an eyebrow? But it's also possible that it was purposely designed with the foresight that the patent was expiring.
Either way it's a robust design and no omega springs...:rolleyes:

Reactions: AF
Got my Double Helix yesterday and I'm carrying it for the first time today.

First of all, this is definitely a gravity knife and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It can, like any folding knife, be opened two handed when decorum requires. When I want to open it one handed, flipping it open with a wrist flick has an aggressiveness I'm not used to.

Otherwise, I think it's fantastic. Great size. Excellent construction. Unique and, I think, great looking design.

By the way, I am carrying this in New York in defiance of the law.

Last edited:
I'm in NY as well, but way up in the Adirondack sticks where no one really cares about the knife in my pocket...as long as I'm behaving.
Here's a shot of the Double Helix lending a hand with some zip ties during an injector swap this morning.
Knife performed perfectly but unfortunately the cheap Ebay injectors do not. Won't idle. Oh well, I just ordered some brand new ones.:(
HR2s4ZS.jpg

Just wanted to share what is my new favorite model from WE. Not sure of the model number or what it's going to be called yet as it's a prototype that was purchased from the WE booth at Blade Show last June. Finally, a larger knife from them that appeals to me that has a fairly utilitarian look, tall handles with a hand-filling grip, strong detent, and thin blade geometry meant for slicing!

Mjs4drU.jpg

UrLrWji.jpg

Just wanted to share what is my new favorite model from WE. Not sure of the model number or what it's going to be called yet as it's a prototype that was purchased from the WE booth at Blade Show last June. Finally, a larger knife from them that appeals to me that has a fairly utilitarian look, tall handles that give a hand-filling grip, strong detent, and thin blade geometry meant for slicing!

Mjs4drU.jpg

UrLrWji.jpg
It's good-looking. I LOVE the matching CF on the lock side.

Just wanted to share what is my new favorite model from WE. Not sure of the model number or what it's going to be called yet as it's a prototype that was purchased from the WE booth at Blade Show last June. Finally, a larger knife from them that appeals to me that has a fairly utilitarian look, tall handles with a hand-filling grip, strong detent, and thin blade geometry meant for slicing!

Mjs4drU.jpg

UrLrWji.jpg
Looks a bit like a Crooked River with a flipper.
Sign me up.

It's good-looking. I LOVE the matching CF on the lock side.

It's so nice to read somebody agreeing with me on the subject of matching scales sides.
ddb61b50ceca9e76b5fcc44b812d99e9.gif

I like the knife, although I could do without the thumb plate, keep the blade nice and clean and just go with the flipper. What are the dimensions?

It's so nice to read somebody agreeing with me on the subject of matching scales sides.
ddb61b50ceca9e76b5fcc44b812d99e9.gif

I like the knife, although I could do without the thumb plate, keep the blade nice and clean and just go with the flipper. What are the dimensions?
Favorite Doctor.
What's the knife?

WE acted as OEM on this new knife, the first from A Purvis Knives. Anyone else think it's a looker? 3.25" M390.

APurvis_Knives_Primordial.png

Could have done without the "I'm a little recurve, look at me" since it's not really a recurve and more a "Let's make it needlessly more impractical to sharpen" kind of thing to me. But other than that it's a very nice design with some good lines.

Could have done without the "I'm a little recurve, look at me" since it's not really a recurve and more a "Let's make it needlessly more impractical to sharpen" kind of thing to me. But other than that it's a very nice design with some good lines.
He mentioned that little recurve and implied that the next generation wouldn't have it.

I'm amazed at how many knives WE is churning out under so many labels. Their manufacturing capacity must be larger than we realize....or WE isn't a single entity but an agglomeration of manufacturing sites.

I wonder if the WE (and Reate) method of making a knife in a limited run and then moving on will change the way domestic manufacturers operate. Imagine a near future where all knives are "seasonal" releases. I'll have to sell my other kidney.

I wonder if the WE (and Reate) method of making a knife in a limited run and then moving on will change the way domestic manufacturers operate. Imagine a near future where all knives are "seasonal" releases. I'll have to sell my other kidney.

Spyderco has done a couple of the "flash batches" which is a similar concept. Just one run of a new model.

I'm amazed at how many knives WE is churning out under so many labels. Their manufacturing capacity must be larger than we realize....or WE isn't a single entity but an agglomeration of manufacturing sites.

WE are the largest manufacturer of high end knives in China, but still have a limited capacity. That's why WE do limited runs. That's why WE only can schedule new runs of an existing design several months later.

Reactions: AF
Back