WE Knives? Another high end Chinese company?

979j2andayd4.jpg
CIVIVI: Official Give Away

3 knives to win. Official give away. Civivi, the new subsidary brand of WE Knife Company, will have the first 3 designs available beginning of september. We provide 3 samples for this give away. Rules as published on www.weknife-news.com under NEWS section:
-You are 18 years or older.
-follow @civivi_gear on Instagram.
-subscribe to our newsletter.
-repost the original Instagram message from @weknife_europe with the original text on Instagram or share on Facebook.

3 winners will be picked out of the subscriberlist saturday september 8th 2018 at 24.00 hours Amsterdam time. They get an e-mail and can pick model & color of their choice.

Thanks for that response...... Please tell us more about your facilities..... How about some statistics -- number of employees and knives they produce......Who owns WE?

Thanks.

Thanks for that response...... Please tell us more about your facilities..... How about some statistics -- number of employees and knives they produce......Who owns WE?

Thanks.
WE Knife Co. is a private company, founded and (till today) owned by former English teacher Joe Cheung who was unhappy teaching English and only found joy designing and constructing folding knives from a young age. He saved as much money as he could to finally start with a very small production facility to produce in small batches for other companies. Every penny he earned he invested in his company and so it grew till, as we speak of today, a company with more then 100 skilled crafstmen, all trained in company. Comparison: Reate has appr 16 workers versus WE >100.

I am not aware of all figures because i am not often involved with OEM asignments.

Joe is a very inspiring person. He treats his workers with high respect and patience. People ar allowed to make mistakes and learn. He also pays them very well. For him making money comes is not that important. For him priorities are: family, having a good time with his people, earning a living, respect nature/environment. He has so much trust in his workers, they earn responsibility till a level in Western companies seldomly seen. And very loyal as well to his people.

The same for the colleges i know in person. (As a team we attend knifeshows.) All trustworthy people. I just love working for this company. They have values i hardly see any more in The Netherlands where i live. All about profit.

Thanks..... how about photos or vids of factory and workers?
(Is there more than one factory?)

Henkh,
You may want to start preparing a DNA sample considering the line of questioning.

So far I’ve been blown away by the quality of my We Knives. Hope they keep up the good work.

Thanks..... how about photos or vids of factory and workers?
(Is there more than one factory?)

Henkh,
You may want to start preparing a DNA sample considering the line of questioning.

So far I’ve been blown away by the quality of my We Knives. Hope they keep up the good work.
I try to safe some info for our own subforum :)
@Spark promised we can get our own manufacturer subforum, so when the administratorteam has set this up, i will most certainly provide a lot of info. Don't know how much time they need for setting this up. And of course i will organise a passaround as well.

I have a Practic, two Falcons, two Crux, three Gents and four Rectifiers.
Big fan of WE's newer, smaller, thinner folders with standard torx screws.

Doesn't it make sense for buyers to be curious about who is making what they are buying?

Vids or photos, please!
No DNA necessary.

I have to say that their quality didn’t leave me disappointed. I recently bought one of their fixed blades and really like it. I would like to try a folder next.

I've never seen WE Knives in person but I bought a Kizer Intrepid a couple years ago from a knife dealer at a gun show. I was amazed at how well this knife is built. Thick stainless liners, nice G-10 scales, no blade wiggle. My only issues were that the VG10 blade could've had a better edge (easily fixed) and the pivot was a bit more loose than I like, and I can't make it any tighter. It has a good, solid feel, like my Spyderco C10G Endura with foliage green G-10 scales and VG10 blade. It gets a lot of time in my pocket.

I have a Practic, two Falcons, two Crux, three Gents and four Rectifiers.
Big fan of WE's newer, smaller, thinner folders with standard torx screws.

Doesn't it make sense for buyers to be curious about who is making what they are buying?

Vids or photos, please!
No DNA necessary.
So how do you compare practic vs rectifier? And why bought four rectifier :D

Henk, maybe you can talk to WE about making a simplified Chimera, a lot of people mentioned it on IG at least that they would rather see one without the "cracked cut show scale" I made a simple photoshop to show what I mean:
3leMYLT.jpg

(Or if they want to go nuts, add a Hex or Frag Pattern on BOTH sides on the flat parts, and leave the edges contoured) but the cracked part just breaks up the design in my opinion. Otherwise it's a super awesome looking knife.

Henk, maybe you can talk to WE about making a simplified Chimera, a lot of people mentioned it on IG at least that they would rather see one without the "cracked cut show scale" I made a simple photoshop to show what I mean:
3leMYLT.jpg

(Or if they want to go nuts, add a Hex or Frag Pattern on BOTH sides on the flat parts, and leave the edges contoured) but the cracked part just breaks up the design in my opinion. Otherwise it's a super awesome looking knife.

I actually strongly agree with this. I didn't like the original design at all, but this looks much better. And how about a 3.5" variant? Love WE's knives, but I've strongly been focusing on their knives that are 3.5 inches and under, way too many 3.5"+ knives are flooding the market, and a lot of the smaller ones are very subdued. Who else wants some uniquely designed smaller blades?

Are there any WE knives that allow the clip to be rotated for left hand carry?
WE are starting only recently with left/right pocketclip option. Just a few available right now, like the Practic and the budget Civivi Praxis and Baklash. More to come.

I actually strongly agree with this. I didn't like the original design at all, but this looks much better. And how about a 3.5" variant? Love WE's knives, but I've strongly been focusing on their knives that are 3.5 inches and under, way too many 3.5"+ knives are flooding the market, and a lot of the smaller ones are very subdued. Who else wants some uniquely designed smaller blades?
There will be more variation for sure. WE discussed this already a year or more ago. Only before this is worked out with an exiting pipeline of designs, it needs time to see effects of this policy.

There will be more variation for sure. WE discussed this already a year or more ago. Only before this is worked out with an exiting pipeline of designs, it needs time to see effects of this policy.

I mean not that they aren't killing it already, and its not like I don't own around 20 knives made by WE, but it would be nice to have even more small/medium knives instead of the majority of them being close to 4 inch blades.

Back