WE Knives? Another high end Chinese company?

Definitely trickier... you'd have to go through astronaut training and all that stuff first.

Pish posh! I buy my way into space travel.
BltEhY1.jpg

henkh henkh According to the laws of New York where I live, "a gravity knife is defined as any knife with a blade that is released from the handle by the force of gravity or the application of centrifugal force." The wrist flick is centrifugal force and New York City cops, at least, are instructed to test by wrist flicking.

By the way, if the knife didn't lock open automatically it wouldn't be considered a gravity knife under NYS law (as upheld by the courts).

Last edited:
henkh henkh According to the laws of New York where I live, "a gravity knife is defined as any knife with a blade that is released from the handle by the force of gravity or the application of centrifugal force." The wrist flick is centrifugal force and New York City cops, at least, are instructed to test by wrist flicking.

By the way, if the knife didn't lock open automatically it wouldn't be considered a gravity knife under NYS law (as upheld by the courts).
Thanks clarifying. I think it will always be a controversial subject. I use the definition from the AKTA organisation. If i was you i would respect the NY legislation :)

Thanks clarifying. I think it will always be a controversial subject. I use the definition from the AKTA organisation. If i was you i would respect the NY legislation :)
It's certainly controversial here in NY.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Just to clarify, the laws in other U.S. states are probably different and I don't know them.

Juli 2018 WE introduced the Ferox, a collaboration with knifemaker Gudy van Poppel. Gudy intended to do a custom jobs on a very limited number of the Ferox. Yesterday we had a knifegathering in The Netherlands where he showed a couple of samples of what's possible. All have filework on the backspacer, lanyard hole is possible, custom clip, heat anodising and so on. Wanted to show you a sample.
Regular:
2ui338ad2omu.jpg

Skeletonised:
rl7q3z9grw9j.jpg

The Skeletonization is pretty wicked. I love the texture, I think it would look insanely good with that texture, a dark bronze anodization and a satin finish blade.
homer-simpson-drooling-animated-gif-5.gif

The Skeletonization is pretty wicked. I love the texture, I think it would look insanely good with that texture, a dark bronze anodization and a satin finish blade.
Gudy is taking orders for a few right now :)

This morning Gudy agreed in providing 2 heavily customized Ferox for Bladeshow West. I will bring these with me and show them at the WE Knife Boot. They will be for sale as well.

IMG_1888.JPG Geez, if there is hype it is real
I just received this Ignition
For the money!?/ Value, I dare say the best I've ever seen
In fact the quality of this knife for the money is almost unfair to our American producers

I bought the “practic” I think it’s called, mostly because it’s one of the cheapest knives with M390 steel. It’s ok, definately not one of my favorites or a safe queen so I plan on using it hard to see how it holds up

They do have some really nice designs, but they’re either really expensive or come with vg-10 steel

I bought the “practic” I think it’s called, mostly because it’s one of the cheapest knives with M390 steel. It’s ok, definately not one of my favorites or a safe queen so I plan on using it hard to see how it holds up

I tested a Practic to see how much force it would take to break the lock. It held up better than almost all my frame locks. During the test it bounced back at me and gave me a two stitch cut on my knuckle.

It's definitely built for hard use. I was impressed. (with the knife - not my stupidity)

Back