We lost one of our own today......

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by Ken C., Nov 7, 2019.

1. tuica

tuica Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2013
    It is a bit odd that you can grieve for someone you only knew through this Forum. But I miss him already. Be well - all who remain.

115Italian and Hard Knocks like this.
  2. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein

May 18, 2005
    Sad tidings, Rest in peace.

3. Yester5

Yester5

Dec 11, 2002
    Very sad news...R.I.P.

4. Coyja

Coyja Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Totally sucks. He was always a moderation presence, both literally and figuratively, with loads of information and great perspectives.

5. foofie

foofie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 25, 2011
    He was a great presence and contributor. Sad to hear he has left us.

6. Thorfinn

Thorfinn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 28, 2018
    I'm sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family. I remember him as welcoming and friendly.

7. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Esav, your shining example as a participant and a moderator makes it hard to see you go. Slip softly into that good night, and if you get bored, look up Charlie Mike.

AntDog and jbmonkey like this.
  8. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I am truly saddened to hear of Esav's passing, in the very early stages we swapped a few "Hi's etc to each other- he was and still is to us in our memories a Great Guy!
    I hope your next journey is amazing Esav.

9. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Very sad news, such a nice guy, who did so much for all of us here :( :thumbsup:

Sincere condolences to Esav's family and friends, he'll be greatly missed :(

10. 19-3ben

19-3ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Baruch dayan emmes.

11. ManRay

ManRay Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Rest in peace

12. I was always impressed with the cool-headed, steady hand of Esav, in steering straight some of the more 'lively' discussions at times here on the forum. When things looked like they might go awry in terms of good conduct by all participating, he had a way of getting things back on track without further escalation. I also liked his posts when he was participating in general on the pertinent topics, along with the rest of us.

I never knew him in any other capacity, except as a Mod here on the forum, setting a great example for all of us. It's a big part of why I'm so grateful for the sense of community and extended family I find here, when I visit. That's why I've been hangin' around so long and why I keep coming back.

My sincere condolences and Best Wishes to his family, loved ones and all others whom were fortunate enough to know him well.

annr likes this.
  13. herisson

herisson Apple slicing rocking chair dweller Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Very sad news. He was a great moderator and a good person. Condolences to his friends and family in these hard times.

14. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I think you just expressed what I've been unable to put together in my mind. Although I never met Ed in real life, I had spoke with him by PM and feel his loss heavily. I always tried to keep it short because he was so busy doing his due diligence as a moderator. I wish I could have met him in person and visited longer. Rest in Peace, Friend.

Sincerest condolences to all his loved ones. I can only imagine the loss that those closest to him are feeling :(

15. moshow9

moshow9 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2010
    I'm so sorry to hear of this, Esav was one of the good guys...rest easy. Smoke and prayers sent.

16. Shann

Shann

Sep 2, 2004
    That is terrible news. I never had the pleasure to know him personally but ee was a valued member of this community and I learned much from him.

17. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Oh wow, prayers sent from Texas for his family and friends:(

18. Hateman

Hateman Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2000
    I actually liked his posts for his clarity, intellect, consideration to others and humor. My condolences to his family and friends.

19. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    I ll miss his participation in this forum. He was a true asset to our discussions. And he seemed to be a good guy.

20. mewolf1

mewolf1 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 24, 2005
    My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends that remain . See you on the other side Esav. :(