We lost one of our own today......

It is my sad duty to inform you all that longtime member and friend to many on this forum, Esav Benyamin (Ed Hausman) passed away peacefully this morning. Ed was one of my closest friends thanks to BFC. We met on this forum and discovered we lived in the same town. We had close to 20 years of knife banter, diner trips, knife shows travels, and family gatherings. I'm so saddened by his passing because I know I will never meet anyone like him ever again.

RIP Ed.

This is really terrible news. He was a great guy. My deepest and sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

I haven’t logged in for quite a bit. I’m truly sorry to hear of his passing. My condolences to all he touched.

Well damn..this has been a horrible year for this kind of thing. Esav will be missed!

My deepest and sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

R.I.P. Esav

He will be sorely missed here. I can only imagine the loss to his irl friends and family. Godspeed

Damn, Just now saw this. Rough year, here. My condolences to his family.

Seems like yesterday he was giving me a chiclet.

RIP Ed. Peace be with you and yours.
One of my favorite people to sit and chat with at the NYC knife shows.

Never had the pleasure of meeting the man but I did go and check out some of his postings and it looks to me that he was a fine man. Sorry for your loss. I'm going to continue reading so of his old postings. He had a wealth of knowledge that should not go unnoticed.

It is my sad duty to inform you all that longtime member and friend to many on this forum, Esav Benyamin (Ed Hausman) passed away peacefully this morning. Ed was one of my closest friends thanks to BFC. We met on this forum and discovered we lived in the same town. We had close to 20 years of knife banter, diner trips, knife shows travels, and family gatherings. I'm so saddened by his passing because I know I will never meet anyone like him ever again.

RIP Ed.
A fine gentleman and a wealth of knife knowledge is how I'll remember him. R.I.P., Sir.

I had been wondering where he has been as he hadn’t posted anything in a long time.

He was a cool dude and will be missed. Rest easy, Ed! My condolences to his family and friends.

Been reading his posts for years. Always a gentleman and full of knowledge. Will miss his posts. RIP Ed.

Back