We need a Machete sub forum

gota luv a machete or two, my ex could bullseye a machete at 20ft. the day i draw filled my machete was profound, lost some edge strength but was rewarded with a razor blade that devoured saplings. my machete is an indispensable tool that gets used lots. its fun to practice dual weilding in a doorway. my swords on the other hand only see occasional use when i cut plastic bottles with the sharps or spar with the blunts. the machete and related garden implement blades like bannana knives, cane cutters, billhooks, slashers ect realy do i belive warant their own forumšŸ™ƒ

They really do need their own subfourm. I agree itā€™s not as simple as a Machete . However Machete and other agricultural tools works.
Machetes, Slashers, Ditch blades, Sickles/Kamaā€™s and so on are perhaps the largest and most diverse group of blades and arenā€™t well represented. At a min adding Machete to the axe subfourm would seem appropriate since they are both Ag tools.
In a attempt to make my point stronger I am posting on this thread because of a search of Parangā€™s.

As big as Bladeforums is, more dilution is not going to attract more traffic, only fewer posts to this room.

Lots of potential in that one! Depending on the steel an heat treatment of course. But a new handle and a refinishing will make it look brand new. And my druthers would have me reprofile the blade. Seax, drop point, clip point, all possibilities there, depending on your intended use. Nice find.

Andy, that collins legitimus is a great find for a couple of $

should clean up really nicely, and you might not need a new handle, just polish up the existing one (is it wood or plastic? hard to tell)

fwiw, my goto machete is the 22" ontario ct5 - best heavy duty bargain machete you could find imho

fwiw, my goto machete is the 22" ontario ct5 - best heavy duty bargain machete you could find imho

I just looked at a video for this one. Cool! He said that it is not sharpened all the way to the handle. Did you sharpen yours to the handle or leave it as is?

1649645813615.png

Back