• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

We Shamwari?

Does anybody know if there's going to be another run of We Shamwaris and where I can order or buy 1 at? I refuse to buy 1 off of the many resellers of this knife.

From seeing so many for sale on Ebay and here it seems like the majority of people just bought them to try reselling them. It's pretty pathetic and anybody involved should really be ashamed of themselves.

I don’t have an answer to your question. But why - pathetic and shameful?!

I don’t have an answer to your question. But why - pathetic and shameful?!

I think it's pretty obvious why when people buy something they don't even want to try and charge others more. To me $300 is already enough and I can even understand someone charging $350 on Ebay because of the Ebay, PayPal and shipping costs but it seems like most people are trying to get $400+. I just think it's ridiculous and I'm sure there's many others sick of seeing people price gouging.

Yes, another run of the WE Shamwari is expected. Date not yet announced.
Yes, you can expect another round of flippers reselling for whatever price they can get.
Personally, I respect my fellow collectors and have never found it necessary to sell a piece for more than what I paid.

Yes, another run of the WE Shamwari is expected. Date not yet announced.
Yes, you can expect another round of flippers reselling for whatever price they can get.
Personally, I respect my fellow collectors and have never found it necessary to sell a piece for more than what I paid.

Thanks for the info and it's nice to hear that. Do you know the website of where they will be available?

Price gouging on knives irritates me more than a lot of other things because I feel if somebody has hundreds of dollars to spend on so many knives than they obviously aren't hurting for money. They're just being greedy and selfish ********.

Last edited:
I've seen people calling it the ShamWEri, heh. Anyway, people with hundreds of dollars to spend can definitely be hurting for money man...

I've seen people calling it the ShamWEri, heh. Anyway, people with hundreds of dollars to spend can definitely be hurting for money man...

If people are hurting for money they shouldn't be spending hundreds of dollars on a knife when you can get plenty of quality knives for $25-$50 lol.

Anyway, I was just stating my opinion and frustration and it's not like any of these people care what me or anybody thinks anyway. They are gonna continue doing what they do and people are going to continue paying the higher prices also.

If people are hurting for money they shouldn't be spending hundreds of dollars on a knife when you can get plenty of quality knives for $25-$50 lol.

Anyway, I was just stating my opinion and frustration and it's not like any of these people care what me or anybody thinks anyway. They are gonna continue doing what they do and people are going to continue paying the higher prices also.
I think you'll find the majority of people on here share in your opinion and frustrations on the subject. Also, thanks for the thread cause I'm hoping to score one of these too, and don't know where to watch for it.

I think you'll find the majority of people on here share in your opinion and frustrations on the subject. Also, thanks for the thread cause I'm hoping to score one of these too, and don't know where to watch for it.

Yeah it's kind of crazy because I haven't found a single reputable website where these are sold. Blade HQ don't even have a record of them. I saw someone talking about how the Bull Brothers rely on their Instagram more than anything else but I don't have Instagram. I did just find their Facebook page and sent them a message but no response yet.

To be honest, I'm probably just going to end up giving up on this piece. I'm willing to spend the $275 or so but it looks like I'm going to have to get very lucky to get it for this price. I refuse to give the resellers what they want and the people I've seen review this knife didn't really seem too impressed with it, but they did also assume that people are going to have to pay $400+ to get 1 anytime soon. They seemed to think that the $275 price was even pushing it which really makes me wonder when the customs go for $1k+.

There were sold exclusively on their webpage. The run sold out very quickly. They also had technical difficulty so lots of people who hit the site when it was announced missed out.

There were sold exclusively on their webpage. The run sold out very quickly. They also had technical difficulty so lots of people who hit the site when it was announced missed out.

Do you know what their webpage is? I can't find it. Thanks

<non-supporting vendor link>

Edit: Sorry about the link. I was thinking of it as the maker webpage and not a vendor link when I posted it.

Last edited:
I traded some messages with Jason Bull. Larger batches are on the way fwiw. I did express concerns that the drop system benefits flippers more than enthusiasts.

I traded some messages with Jason Bull. Larger batches are on the way fwiw. I did express concerns that the drop system benefits flippers more than enthusiasts.

Thanks for taking the time to do that. I really wish they would allow places like Blade HQ and local dealers to distribute them. It seems like their website was a total disaster on release. I really hope they at least got the server issues taken care of and have a smooth release of the next batch.

Just wanted to say that I'm turned off to the point of not wanting this knife anymore. It's been almost a week after sending a message over Facebook and I tried using their website to contact them and still no response. I imagine it would be the same or worse if I actually had a problem with 1 of their knives.

I really don't know why so many people continue to support rude companies with poor customer service.

Just wanted to say that I'm turned off to the point of not wanting this knife anymore. It's been almost a week after sending a message over Facebook and I tried using their website to contact them and still no response. I imagine it would be the same or worse if I actually had a problem with 1 of their knives.

I really don't know why so many people continue to support rude companies with poor customer service.

To be entirely fair, these were small batch productions by a third party manufacturer and sold through the designers website. It is possible that the Bull brothers simply do not know logistically when the next batch will be up for sale yet. As far as i'm aware, they are custom makers that have partnered with a production company to produce one of their most sought after custom pieces at a price point that would be more accessible to more customers. There is bound to be growing pains when their usual experience is not so much customer service as it is one off design requests in virtual face to face one on one interactions with prospective consumers. I will be giving them a bit of slack on their first run of these.

I don't think the batch system had anything to do with the knife flipping. Knife flipping is what you get whenever demand exceeds supply on a popular knife and the perceived market value is greater than the price from the dealer. That would have happened no matter how it was released given how popular the Shamwari is.

The only improvement having it released through a known dealer would have made would have been fewer IT problems with the web site, since BHQ or the other dealers are experienced with site traffic surges for popular releases, and probably better shipping and handling practices and speed.

To be entirely fair, these were small batch productions by a third party manufacturer and sold through the designers website. It is possible that the Bull brothers simply do not know logistically when the next batch will be up for sale yet. As far as i'm aware, they are custom makers that have partnered with a production company to produce one of their most sought after custom pieces at a price point that would be more accessible to more customers. There is bound to be growing pains when their usual experience is not so much customer service as it is one off design requests in virtual face to face one on one interactions with prospective consumers. I will be giving them a bit of slack on their first run of these.

They could have at least responded. I wouldn't even care if it was a generic copy and pasted message. I just think it's rude to flat out ignore people interested in their products. I've even seen people complaining that they bought a $1k plus custom and tried reaching out because of a problem and also got ignored. I refuse to give these guys my hard earned money.

I don't think the batch system had anything to do with the knife flipping. Knife flipping is what you get whenever demand exceeds supply on a popular knife and the perceived market value is greater than the price from the dealer. That would have happened no matter how it was released given how popular the Shamwari is.

The only improvement having it released through a known dealer would have made would have been fewer IT problems with the web site, since BHQ or the other dealers are experienced with site traffic surges for popular releases, and probably better shipping and handling practices and speed.

I'm beyond the knife flippers now. I'm to the point where I have no interest in this knife. I came back to this post just to talk about how rude I think these guys are. They don't deserve to be let off the hook for anything. They chose to not allow places like Blade HQ sell their products and handled the whole release pathetically. Then they don't even care to get back with people who message them and their customer service sucks according to multiple reports.

Last edited:
Back