• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

We Shamwari?

They could have at least responded. I wouldn't even care if it was a generic copy and pasted message. I just think it's rude to flat out ignore people interested in their products. I've even seen people complaining that they bought a $1k plus custom and tried reaching out because of a problem and also got ignored. I refuse to give these guys my hard earned money.

I'm guessing you haven't dealt with many custom makers. As a lot they are not very responsive to general Emails. They get tons of them. You usually need to figure out what will get their attention.

D Detroit1980 , all I can say is to cool off. You’ve gone from lusting for a knife to hating on the makers in less than a week. If I made knives, I’d ignore you too. I may ignore you regardless.

Sit down, relax and quit thinking your problem is the only one in the world. If you pull your head up, you’ll see we’re in the middle of a global pandemic.

People are sick and worse. Some States are maxing out ICU space. Our world is shuttered and you’re worried about a FB message? Shut up and understand that your desire for a knife is totally first world problems.

I really hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but your intro to BF was a total crash. You’re doing nothing to make that better with this self-centered rant.

I hope you end up with the knife you want...or...maybe I don’t.

I personally know the Bull Brothers. You havent gotten a response yet? Im going to say this as polite as I can...
First world problem.

Please please google the situation in South Africa right now...I could tell you a lot more, but its none of my business.

Shamwari’s have always been more difficult to aquire, and the guys tried to accommodate more people with the WE made beginning run. (Also google the situation in China).

Their service returning messages has alwayS been slow and lacking.
However, they are a custom makers, and Im sure the client with the current build is priority #1 and so it should be.

Im not asking anyone to cut them slack...but man...it’s 2020....mike drop. Haha.

D Detroit1980 You can't figure out how to find their website? You know they put out their information on instagram but you "don't have instagram"? You are going to need to try a little harder if you want to inform yourself properly. I'd hoped you'd learned a bit more since your apology thread after your horribly wrong take on Spyderco's pricing of g10 handled knives...

Here is a tool I think you need to utilize to avoid making threads like this in the first place: GB&U https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/feedback-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly.699/ . Search here for makers, companies, even members to see if there is any dirt. Do this before you start a thread. Had you searched this maker's name there, you would find a very long thread displaying the exact type of behavior you have just discovered and condemned this maker for. I wouldn't want to give them my money either, and I know that from following the drama in the GB&U for years.

Last bit of advice for today, this is often said to be rude but in this instance it truly applies so do not take offense, especially considering your last apology thread: read more and post less. Learn, get a feel for the place, interpret the tone, look at what most everyone else is doing and how they are handling situations. That is what is meant by read more. And while you are reading, post less.

From the internet musings I've come across, isn't it well known that G. Bull does not particularly excel at customer communication? I may be way off-base and I have no personal expreience but the OPs situation doesn't sound irregular.
Here's a long one: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/gareth-bull-slow-delivery-waitlist-thread.1062108/

And a more recent short(er) one: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/requesting-gareth-bull-shamwari-advice.1583186/

He has not changed over the years.

Flippers suck for sure, like some guy on the for sale forum here trying to sell a couple copper Pm2s doe 320 each! I want a blade hq shaman, but I'm not paying the price the secondary market wants. And the shamweri is just another knife that is going to be produced again because the maker wants more money, so just be patient. Or don't, and look like someone who wanted the country back open too soon so they could get their hair cut.

Just calm down, and realize you're getting angry over a knife, and one that really, imo, isn't anything to get excited over. Not to mention this maker seems to have problems taking care of customers in the first place. I just choose to ignore people like that, or others like Ferrum forge who seem to treat their customers like a nuisance and call them idiots.

Oh well though. I need more coffee...

D Detroit1980 You can't figure out how to find their website? You know they put out their information on instagram but you "don't have instagram"? You are going to need to try a little harder if you want to inform yourself properly. I'd hoped you'd learned a bit more since your apology thread after your horribly wrong take on Spyderco's pricing of g10 handled knives...

Here is a tool I think you need to utilize to avoid making threads like this in the first place: GB&U https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/feedback-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly.699/ . Search here for makers, companies, even members to see if there is any dirt. Do this before you start a thread. Had you searched this maker's name there, you would find a very long thread displaying the exact type of behavior you have just discovered and condemned this maker for. I wouldn't want to give them my money either, and I know that from following the drama in the GB&U for years.

Last bit of advice for today, this is often said to be rude but in this instance it truly applies so do not take offense, especially considering your last apology thread: read more and post less. Learn, get a feel for the place, interpret the tone, look at what most everyone else is doing and how they are handling situations. That is what is meant by read more. And while you are reading, post less.

You obviously missed a lot of my points on multiple topics. I did find their website and I tried sending them a message on that too. Also, my opinion still stands on Spyderco. I only I apologized to the people that I may offended. My opinion never changed and I don't think I was "horribly wrong."

To end, I'd really appreciate it if you quit posting in my threads. We obviously don't get along and It's fine. Move on. I would have really liked to agree to disagree but you don't do that.

Last edited:
D Detroit1980 , all I can say is to cool off. You’ve gone from lusting for a knife to hating on the makers in less than a week. If I made knives, I’d ignore you too. I may ignore you regardless.

Sit down, relax and quit thinking your problem is the only one in the world. If you pull your head up, you’ll see we’re in the middle of a global pandemic.

People are sick and worse. Some States are maxing out ICU space. Our world is shuttered and you’re worried about a FB message? Shut up and understand that your desire for a knife is totally first world problems.

I really hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but your intro to BF was a total crash. You’re doing nothing to make that better with this self-centered rant.

That's fine. You have the right to your opinion. I wouldn't buy anything from you either.

That's fine. You have the right to your opinion. I wouldn't buy anything from you either.
I have a dozen ShamWEris available at dealer cost.:D

Enjoy your knives and your time here at Blade Forums.

You obviously missed a lot of my points on multiple topics. I did find their website and I tried sending them a message on that too. Also, my opinion still stands on Spyderco. I only I apologized to the people that I may offended. My opinion never changed and I don't think I was "horribly wrong."

To end, I'd really appreciate it if you quit posting in my threads. We obviously don't get along and It's fine. Move on. I would have really liked to agree to disagree but you don't do that.
Well, I hope you at least learned about the GB&U...

I just wanted to add that I'm not on a "self centered" rant. It is a rant but I'm combining my personal experience combined with research that I've done on the company.

I've came to the conclusion that they have poor customer service and don't communicate well. All that would be fine but then they choose to handle everything themselves instead of allowing knife dealers like Blade HQ to distribute their products and it's been a disaster.

The bottom line is they're running their business completely wrong and it makes me not want to buy from them. It don't matter how much I "lusted" for the knife. I'm seriously no longer interested and the main point of this thread was to share my experience along with the research Ive done to inform people who may not have known how these guys are.

I just wanted to add that I'm not on a "self centered" rant. It is a rant but I'm combining my personal experience combined with research that I've done on the company.

I've came to the conclusion that they have poor customer service and don't communicate well. All that would be fine but then they choose to handle everything themselves instead of allowing knife dealers like Blade HQ to distribute their products and it's been a disaster.

The bottom line is they're running their business completely wrong and it makes me not want to buy from them. It don't matter how much I "lusted" for the knife. I'm seriously no longer interested and the main point of this thread was to share my experience along with the research Ive done to inform people who may not have known how these guys are.
You should request this thread moved to GB&U then. This doesn’t belong in GKD.

Oh, and the sheer fact demand is drastically higher than supply indicates that they may know more about making/selling knives than you do. They know more than I do.

You started this thread saying “what’s up with...?” and are now flipping it to sound like you’re a source of significant knowledge of their business. What you learned came from fellow forum members telling you about the Bulls and directing you to the correct website. It doesn’t follow logically.

And I take back what I said earlier; I hope you get the knives you want.

You should request this thread moved to GB&U then. This doesn’t belong in GKD.

Oh, and the sheer fact demand is drastically higher than supply indicates that they may know more about making/selling knives than you do. They know more than I do.

You started this thread saying “what’s up with...?” and are now flipping it to sound like you’re a source of significant knowledge of their business. What you learned came from fellow forum members telling you about the Bulls and directing you to the correct website. It doesn’t follow logically.

And I take back what I said earlier; I hope you get the knives you want.

I never claimed I knew more than anybody about knives. It's a fact that the release of the We Shamwari was a disaster that upset many people. They handled the situation very poorly.

the main point of this thread was to share my experience along with the research Ive done to inform people who may not have known how these guys are.
Seriously? You know we can read the OP where you say the whole point of your thread is this:
Does anybody know if there's going to be another run of We Shamwaris and where I can order or buy 1 at? I refuse to buy 1 off of the many resellers of this knife.
Not sure how you think you are going to change the entire narrative of the thread from you badly wanting a knife from maker with known poor business practices to doing us all a huge favor in warning us about said maker. :rolleyes:

I don't think the makers have any control over the Shamboi flipper fan club, maybe you can write your local chapter?
Just glad these guys aren't aware it's TBC that actually makes the best front flippers :D

I don't know if they(TBC) are the best but if not , they are not far behind and can often be found. for about the same price as some of the flippers are selling these WE's for. Though they don't come up that often.
Full disclosure-I like the custom Shamwari also. I haven't tried the WE version.

I don't think the makers have any control over the Shamboi flipper fan club, maybe you can write your local chapter?
Just glad these guys aren't aware it's TBC that actually makes the best front flippers :D

Des makes a great FF as well. :) Sylish & sharp. :)

Back