We were all new here once

Hello all, I hope everyone had a great Christmas and best wishes for a happy New Year. New to the forum but have been a big fan of all things sharp and stabby for most of my life. I have a small collection consisting of a little bit of everything. My current edc rotation consists of an Emerson cqc7v, a ZT0400S, a ZT0770CF, and a Benchmade auto stryker. I have 3 fixed blades: A Spartan Blades Horkos, a Becker BK2 and a handmade stag handled hunter my father made for me as a gift in his friends machine shop. I'm a police sergeant with 22 years of service and am currently trying to decide if I want to add another folder to my rotation (interested in Striders, the TAD Dauntless, or the like) or getting my CQC7V customized. Looking forward to learning and seeing what all is out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Greetings from the southern Oregon coast!

Brand new to the forum, or any forum for that matter. I've always loved knives and been playing with them since I was about 3 years old. It wasn't until last year that I really started to learn about what goes into a quality knife and purchased my first Benchmade(477-1 in aqua). Since then I've gotten some spyderco knives, an emerson, Piranha, Microtech and a few others. I look forward to meeting some well versed enthusiasts and becoming one myself.

-Hank

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

hello totkst1, i'm a new registered user as well, and my intro would be similar to yours lol. i also live in NC, just wanted to say hello. i used to collect knives, didn't have too many, i think around 15, but i also need to learn about sharpening knives very badly. i am getting back into learning about and collecting knives, and this place looked like a good place to start :).

Hey everyone, i've loved knives all my life, and although i've only collected a small amount, and have only limited knowledge of mostly folding and pocket knives, throwing knives used to be a hobby of mine, although i don't think i'd trust myself to try now. i used to work at the army surplus store in Colorado, and bought most if the knives i used to own there. my favorites were probably my Spyderco Harpy, and my CRKT My Tighe.

I'm currently looking to buy a NIB Benchmade 484S-1 Nakaruma Axis knife, i've been looking everywhere, and it seems the only available price i can find it at is $267.75 (ish). i will consider buying it at that price if i can't find a deal, but thought that this might be a good place to get some help with that. anyone that could help me out in any way as far as websites, or other sources where i can possibly find a lower price would be very much appreciated.

i'm obviously new to the forums, and wasn't sure where to post the above inquiry, so i apologize about my lack of knowledge of navigating this website correctly since i'm new. if anyone can help at all, i'd really, really appreciate it. thanks all.

Hey all. I am new to knife making and came here to learn about all the good stuff. I am from Long OK (in the middle of nowhere), and have been taking a class. I have made 2 knives so far and starting my "advanced" class next week. I even tried my hand at a sheath. Lots to learn still...

I need to know where to get steel & supplies. Maybe even a grinder or plans to make one for myself.

Last edited:
Hey all. I am new to knife making and came here to learn about all the good stuff. I am from Long OK (in the middle of nowhere), and have been taking a class. I have made 2 knives so far and starting my "advanced" class next week. I even tried my hand at a sheath. Lots to learn still...

tGTCvkoWEPJnAiBgn7lvgxH7LIlwE135AVMuEUfE4vEiuBx1zqlFYcP7TJdYrrjw1DQ3-vKIIH84ksaytVveM1vcjCZgXIwITw5dQrTHF4gDzsH3uzovHaqaiboVM-3-3DJe8IFt8u1WLNcjSz9r_VljDeZwoeOznLbornx8TNYJefF0mOqE8q5pIn-KlzkUzJKo7sEckQ7PPTb_yPmJ1GDMYJzNXApQYp6GkdhYMxyTRQnlN2OU1JJLjEGaGYSAGavqNLHEUJlyLoKAWyRWN98QrFZ2WeoYZpOGlAY75LvkAh0EWOjQkyl-6iCbT9wvB1wPWcHlOGboMIssYIhJAML_plZBTVpyuesmliGTz0RNmuWc4tZZgvyye48BJ8V087AXtwlBftUbALRG7g_YtcOccNylEwNvhEdJRapdW0qEa4yNTg3Sq4NMSaPLjBAv0Ng5e4FsmE9b8O7XJvOKRpM6K7C6QftnV43qGm_NQCTgSVSV3eV48oqrpBWg_cfe2fEb0x8Dn2QqyBeCBPKn-aMazJEB5mzCa_ZYUHjvPInaOXATSUfiDtG9pRjfrqKHku4o3x0XFwm7U68AXW47S0HUqCKyuPIGQGJFrehHHXg1hJWeg5YP=w1019-h764-no

4QOOsdgxWRf2lYmbmU09kzPtm5go9ZmwYJE9AnRgwYP9VB78xndw3xRcHfYUE0s4Td4obrJnGMVHkTKRgltb8GimMVNiiGsG_nyjo-ulbkx53_52TkVQeCk25PIlCVo6qoZULYBNA2lAr0EfekrnzRIu-ZLYo8kFdtxD7RIwWqeaOj391cYiiwMNgvt51KS0kyQUSvV_10JF021-d5wfnyxDKXH3Izsemhm7efGF0jQ4E9prmVtEJg4qzXlUeKKHx-WdK3xCloKL2tF38Mh_sbo9oI6uZm5Qofq3eHN5_aYiginBQTZ7VzH7MP5BfDuTfaW3dnwMRmGZOhOeM0zFvbqoFaM_mafmQCQkcuLvNZMw7hdf4h2yVrLeiswngA5zu9kuOP_4w9U0JGcMngS3RIxKNrHfeRRVoY4vZdDtB--MkAkaWZIZVG8im0EjyvDieVWdd6AtxJRIN5fc7Isedq2Yhi5oejkttYc7MuivUSoj88Td-XX0hSmaOxz8CfhsVTuPGTKrSm2uYst1jJNyZwzJgIYrcAoZXLlx5sXy75ZydcMSjdzMC038NXGW273KXZBbreH4sS3Ay1a9XvEr2BCljRy1MWhnUVwnHgmIBygHIvA8Gqhf=w1019-h764-no

iO5GevHA_ujUtGZ40lQOvem5yVS0xkyPbfdHaLKRk_wItP1hAjrMYuFFV1865RUxcl6xjkd9-9Vi4eShwWnLmGC-xHncI29-1LvIb30lEUxEvNt6i9AiWo5P_RqVVGLc7ok0mtr2kq7Bs9XOczlUWIhJwyXt9VNwb6ObqsPKFgv1rSOAPl2LOKjljmVotyyi-3wbtE8oJ1VkCsSyI_WGCCm3pD-_iLeUR9u1EC3cAUQ-MHu7M4qkPYZ49jMPgxeflxYFDiryJizNvYJsPZ7X_bcBKsuPjBTmABFmAgtP32wh-t7jYnB--rbHEVNIxswofWSg2kc8I6cfqDCpZ23X0fJ3jn5kfugNpLHIypPKnLHFBFpu1KgRWNha9qeeUs3Je9YGNVyFaAJgp_bhfBvxF-qQ3ceYxyU67IABGy7tSEzrObKve4wPZ8pFm1knkYQi9h9fOhNTgm3Fre2Kz1L9xWgKzGmTZwBhiIrdayMU_-F8n254rV4bmHFLqF9qhHCiJaF3guEW1_udyFvcyA1plaFHtIh0l0c8cd3zwg5h4h56nPXM0Rct-rzkn383jLUkz2kdvyXh-4AyCkp_3KvpZK4rXJKzV0y-jf57rOF4VNUxJiMz=w1019-h764-no

I need to know where to get steel & supplies. Maybe even a grinder or plans to make one for myself.
Welcome, from Oregon! Wish I had a knife making class available to me.
Nice work,
But...

The second two pictures aren't working...

New guy here.
Guess this is the place where introductions are made. Been lurking as a visitor for quite awhile. Finally decided to register. I have a meager collection of fixed blades and folders, mostly consisting of Kershaw's, a few Gerbers, and some Benchmade. I guess I tend to gravitate to knives that are built close to home.
Look forward to gaining a lot more knowledge from you all, and maybe add a little of my own.

In search of Rob Hudson.

Hello All. I'm a new member to the forum and have just relocated to New England. A bladesmith friend out in NJ asked me if I could try and find his friend, Robbin Hudson, who he lost touch with after 2012. He had been living in NH at the time, but the trail has gone cold. Does anyone know where he went? Narnia? Middle Earth? Vegas?

-J

Hello everyone!I am new to forum.I have already learned about swords(historical sword,basically) for a while but still a new to modern blade.It is always good to join such a great forum to start learning[emoji2]My experience about swords collecting&learning make me understand that it is always good to learn more before you buy.That allow me to avoid spending too much money on some productions with terrible quality.I got my first official knives collection recently,it is a Rockstead CHOU.It is so beautiful by the way. I am glad to join the forum,it is good see everyone here!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody able to tell me what I got here? It's a fighting rooster pre 1982 stampings, 3 blade knife. The largest blade being gold or gold plated with the words in red fighting rooster with two cocks and numbered 142. It's a stag handle with a plain shield emblem. The best description I could give. Not realy a knife guy but my uncle left it for me said he got it in Germany when he was in the army. Just trying to learn more about it and if I should keep it locked up if valuable. Thanks every one.

In search of Rob Hudson.

Hello All. I'm a new member to the forum and have just relocated to New England. A bladesmith friend out in NJ asked me if I could try and find his friend, Robbin Hudson, who he lost touch with after 2012. He had been living in NH at the time, but the trail has gone cold. Does anyone know where he went? Narnia? Middle Earth? Vegas?

Join date of Sept. 2014? New member?
I am a moderator of another forum. How does this get past the mods here? Just saying.

Hello
New to the forum and am excited to learn and exchange info. I've been into knives since my first case when I was 7. Mostly into functionality. I have owned several benchmades and I am slowly branching out into a few other brands. My first ZT is on its way, and I currently have a Becker bk7 getting cerekoted and modified by razor edge knives. I have posted a few times on the forum, so I figured I would go ahead and make a formal introduction. Don't let the username set any of you back. I'm just a knife nut looking to expand. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi everyone!

New member here, it is amazing how far you can get into knifes.

I like all knifes and have been collecting since I was in the Marines in the 90s.

Look forward to interacting more with you all.

Jeff

Hi everyone!

New member here, it is amazing how far you can get into knifes.

I like all knifes and have been collecting since I was in the Marines in the 90s.

Look forward to interacting more with you all.

Jeff

Welcome, Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey Killgar'

I'm new to this whole forum thing. I've been collecting off and on for years. I have been retired for 6 years and have more money now since my kids have finally started their own lives. (That's not to say you never stop being a parent). I really appreciate your words and understanding about "newbies". I'm a elderly fellow that loves knives.............please accept me into this fellowship so I can learn and digest all the opinions expressed.
Thanks.....KillGar for your compassionate and most polite post.

Hello all,

I signed up to this site many moons ago. I never posted in these forums before and I always chose to lurk instead. In any case, I guess you can say, I'm new here. The big reason why I started posting now is because I'm trying to sell a knife on the Exchange forum. I used to sell such things using eBay but they have adopted some ignorant and draconian rules regarding automatic knives. Mores the pity.

I'll probably be lurking around. :)

Was a member many years ago but have lurked often over the years. I think I'm back to knives again so I may as well start posting again. Nebraska now but it used to be California.

Hello,

I'm new here, but you can also find me with the same username on several other forums. I currently carry a Leatherman Skeletool CX and it's combination of tools and size has been a winner for me. I'm looking to add a full size folder (Ritter M390 Griptilian) and possibly pick up the Leatherman MUT for my range bag. I look forward to learning a lot here and maybe end up with a CR knife in the process :thumbup:

Back