We were all new here once

I have been a member here for quite awhile. I have talked to several good people, sent out many likes. I know there are many good and helpful people here. But what makes these people with Gold and Platinum statuses just be able to shoot down what you say and then block you from commenting back. At least give me the opportunity to say something back in my defense. Just because they pay $50 or $100 bucks a year, whatever they pay, I really don't care, doesn't give them the right from blocking a person to comment on a thread. Let alone not giving them the chance to reply back. That's just straight up being a coward. And if this place only caters to the "higher class" members then I don't want to belong anyway.
They can’t block you from commenting back. See...I can’t do it. If you have a problem with the Mod’s, comment on their page and let them know your grevieance.

I’ll also say it sounds like you’ve made your mind up...so, good luck to you. Hopefully you will find a place that is more suitable to what you’re looking for. Best of luck...the internet won’t always be agreeable with you!

Yeah, this site is definitely not what it was advertised to be. They don't care about the opinions of people who don't pay their "fee" to be a high profile member. I have spent thousands of dollars collecting knives and this site was a huge disappointment. I want to find a site where there is nobody, that is "above" another member. Just because you pay does not make you an authority on knives or anything else. And how do you become a "Moderator" anyway? Give this site a grand or more so you can feel important? I think not, I'll take my buisness elsewhere.

Yeah, this site is definitely not what it was advertised to be. They don't care about the opinions of people who don't pay their "fee" to be a high profile member. I have spent thousands of dollars collecting knives and this site was a huge disappointment. I want to find a site where there is nobody, that is "above" another member. Just because you pay does not make you an authority on knives or anything else. And how do you become a "Moderator" anyway? Give this site a grand or more so you can feel important? I think not, I'll take my buisness elsewhere.

Gold members get infractions from mods all the time. Nobody is “above” anyone.

Bye-bye.

I was seriously thinking about buying a Gold or Platinum membership but after the way I have been treated by some "higher up" members I am seriously considering just going to a different forum. I am not an amateur knife collector. I just attended BLADE 2018 and have several "custom or higher dollar knives" in my collection. Which shouldn't matter for anything on here. I was wanting to help people who had questions about starting to collect and I had many questions about various knives, and/or, makers or brands. But if all I'm going to get is insults and blocked from responding to them I will definitely spend my time and money elsewhere. I had heard this was a good forum for collectors and anyone, regardless of how much money they have to spend on a knife, that wanted to know more about anything related to knives. I'm starting to think "this was a good knife forum" statement was very wrong. I tried to give some advice, but I was told the thread was too old and move on even after I had responses to my post. I was just trying to give someone a little advice on buying a high end fixed blade. I know if I was new to this I would definitely like the input of people who have owned knives in the $400 to $1000 range. Then I also tried to give some advice about Emerson folders, which I own and have owned many over the years, that I was just a "Fanboy"!! This is unacceptable for a forum that is supposed to be held in such high regard. Someone had asked about Emerson knives, and since I have had experience with them for over 20 years I decided to try and help them. But I was blasted and called an Emerson "Fanboy" by some "higher ranking" member! So if all I have to do is pay money to be a "higher ranking" member then I don't want that "priveledge". I thought knowledge about knives and products would determine status on here. I know there are probably a million people with more knowledge than me, and I would always appreciate their comments and input, I will not let some so called "expert" because they have paid to have a Gold or Platinum status tell me what to do. Especially tell me to basically take a hike, then not have the balls to even let me respond to them. Fix this problem, then I will "pay" for a membership!

Update to gold if you intend to sell some knives. It’s $30. You don’t have to deal with eBay fees, and more than a few scamsters. If you intend to buy some knives here, buy a basic for $10. Prices are mostly better than elsewhere. If you like Emerson knives, there’s a sub forum where you can start a thread and meet plenty of likeminded people. There are plenty of people who pay for platinum so they can act superior, but most of them don’t trade. they do support the forum, so some of them act they act like hall monitors sometimes(and provide a service to the forum, while being irritating). Ignore them, with the ignore button, or if you’re bored engage them, but don’t insult a mod—or continue when one tellls you to stop. That’s pretty much the only rule. I’ve pissed off platinum and gold members ad infinitum without infraction—there’s a forum for that, if you’re bored. Otherwise, stay on the forums that deal with knives.

Last edited:
Ok.

Thank you. All I wanted to do here was get some knowledge about knife makers and brands that I never owned before or help people makes decisions with knives I have or do own. I don't want to deal with people who think they are automatic "experts" because they pay $50-$100 a year and think they are knife God's because they own 1 $400 Microtech. Make membership fees $5 to $10 bucks a year and give people a reason to want to belong, not several reasons to want to leave.

I read and posted here for about four years before buying a membership. At no point did I feel less than a contributing member of this community. Others at all levels of membership helped me learn about knives. You seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot here, with the mistaken impression that paying memberships are some kind of status symbol. A $30 membership allows you to sell here. You can read and post all you want for free, and if you feel you are being bullied, report it to a moderator.

Thank you. All I wanted to do here was get some knowledge about knife makers and brands that I never owned before or help people makes decisions with knives I have or do own. I don't want to deal with people who think they are automatic "experts" because they pay $50-$100 a year and think they are knife God's because they own 1 $400 Microtech. Make membership fees $5 to $10 bucks a year and give people a reason to want to belong, not several reasons to want to leave.
I hope you’re not saying thank you to me...I’m just saying Ok to wherever you are wanting to go and wishing you the best of luck. My Microtech was only $275 so I’m sorely under qualified to be an expert on anything, especially since I chose to support the site as a Platimun member with Mod-like abilities.

Whenevr I get that “knife god” feeling I mosey toward the busse collectors pages. Some of those guys got $20k of pristine, untouched badass looking knives in one photo, and they got plenty of photos. Course I’m a spyderco guy so most of my knives are ~$200, probably have 4 or 5 $400 fixed blades, and then I’m a cheapskate, extolling the virtues of American made 5160 from a large manufacturer that undercuts some Chinese imports.

Make membership fees $5 to $10 bucks a year and give people a reason to want to belong, not several reasons to want to leave.

I love this statement. It demonstrates just how uninformed of an argument he is making. The "Basic Member" cost IS $10/ year. Him saying membership should cost $5-10/yr, well... guess what buddy... it is. Even a gold membership is only $30. It's only once you get to platinum that you get to $60/yr, which frankly, isn't even high at all considering what we get out of this forum!

Update to gold if you intend to sell some knives. It’s $30. You don’t have to deal with eBay fees, and more than a few scamsters. If you intend to buy some knives here, buy a basic for $10. Prices are mostly better than elsewhere. If you like Emerson knives, there’s a sub forum where you can start a thread and meet plenty of likeminded people. There are plenty of people who pay for platinum so they can act superior, but most of them don’t trade. they do support the forum, so some of them act they act like hall monitors sometimes(and provide a service to the forum, while being irritating). Ignore them, with the ignore button, or if you’re bored engage them, but don’t insult a mod—or continue when one tellls you to stop. That’s pretty much the only rule. I’ve pissed off platinum and gold members ad infinitum without infraction—there’s a forum for that, if you’re bored. Otherwise, stay on the forums that deal with knives.
I just found out to email someone that has a knife I want to buy. Why should I pay this forum that is mostly full of hall monitors/ wanna be's. Not saying you are like that at all, thank you for your advice. And I have met a few other very nice people like you on here. But why should I have to pay this forum to buy a knife second hand? AR-15.Com doesn't charge anything if you want to buy a gun, gun parts, knives, tactical gear, etc. The people that pay the big bucks to be mods or "Super" mods have some kind of ego issue. I'm fine with the knives I own, I'm not a mall ninja that needs to pay to feel important.

I just found out to email someone that has a knife I want to buy. Why should I pay this forum that is mostly full of hall monitors/ wanna be's. Not saying you are like that at all, thank you for your advice. And I have met a few other very nice people like you on here. But why should I have to pay this forum to buy a knife second hand? AR-15.Com doesn't charge anything if you want to buy a gun, gun parts, knives, tactical gear, etc. The people that pay the big bucks to be mods or "Super" mods have some kind of ego issue. I'm fine with the knives I own, I'm not a mall ninja that needs to pay to feel important.

I saved $25 on each spyderco pm2 I bought here. I saved $50 over retail $200 over the bay on some busse knives. I don’t know what other forum has bf exchange prices. Some overcharge, but quite a few take a loss, and I haven’t been lied to like on the bay here yet. Don’t worry about egos, as Socrates is supposed to have said:”it’s impossible for a man to do evil to a good man.” (Paraphrased) Egos can only hurt other egos. There are plenty of gentlemen here.

Last edited:
You don't have to purchase a membership to buy knives here, and you definitely don't pay to become a mod.

Most people that sign up here have zero problems fitting in. If you come into a new area and instantly clash with the majority of the people there you might want to reflect on how you present yourself.

You don't have to purchase a membership to buy knives here, and you definitely don't pay to become a mod.

Most people that sign up here have zero problems fitting in. If you come into a new area and instantly clash with the majority of the people there you might want to reflect on how you present yourself.

I didn’t know that. I apologize if I was misleading in any way. I guess I thought because you had to sign in to respond, that you needed a basic. Again, I’m sorry C Crypto Outlaw that I gave you the wrong information.

I didn’t know that. I apologize if I was misleading in any way. I guess I thought because you had to sign in to respond, that you needed a basic. Again, I’m sorry C Crypto Outlaw that I gave you the wrong information.
No problem. It's okay. You're one of the few good people I've met on here. I just attended BLADE show 2018 and everybody was so friendly and helpful there. Ernest Emerson took the time to engrave every knife I had of his and get pictures of me and him holding them. Jim Behring and Rocco of Treeman knives got their picture with me and my cousin as did Ernest Emerson.

No problem. It's okay. You're one of the few good people I've met on here. I just attended BLADE show 2018 and everybody was so friendly and helpful there. Ernest Emerson took the time to engrave every knife I had of his and get pictures of me and him holding them. Jim Behring and Rocco of Treeman knives got their picture with me and my cousin as did Ernest Emerson.

No, there are many members that are far more helpful and generous than I am, I promise you that.

Everyone was so friendly. Michael Prater of Painted Pony knives talked to us for at least a good hour and invited us to come and see his shop.Him and his wife were some of the nicest people we have ever met. Neil Kamimura from the Forged in Fire tv show talked to us for quite awhIle and Doug Marcaida signed our Fox Karambit boxes with his signature and "It will kill!" underneath. But, I didn't see any of these Mall Ninja types of people that are on this forum at BLADE show. Because they probably would have been kicked out for being douchebags!! Even Tony Marfione was very nice to me and my cousin and took the time to sign his Combat Troodon and get his picture with him. So what is the deal with these "wannabes" that pay money to this site just to feel important??

Everyone was so friendly. Michael Prater of Painted Pony knives talked to us for at least a good hour and invited us to come and see his shop.Him and his wife were some of the nicest people we have ever met. Neil Kamimura from the Forged in Fire tv show talked to us for quite awhIle and Doug Marcaida signed our Fox Karambit boxes with his signature and "It will kill!" underneath. But, I didn't see any of these Mall Ninja types of people that are on this forum at BLADE show. Because they probably would have been kicked out for being douchebags!! Even Tony Marfione was very nice to me and my cousin and took the time to sign his Combat Troodon and get his picture with him. So what is the deal with these "wannabes" that pay money to this site just to feel important??
Gee I wonder why you're having such a hard time fitting in :rolleyes:

Yeah, calling them wannabes is not appropriate in this thread. Go to whine and cheese, and you can call them late for dinner. They do support the forum, and as they say “a fool and his money are good for business.” As with any forum, people who don’t know you can surprise you by appearing over sensitive and even cruel. You won’t have any trouble on manufacturers forums of the knives you appreciate or have an interest.

I wonder?? Maybe it's because I won't pay money to this forum when I can go to any other forum and talk to members and buy, sell, and swap guns or knives for free?? And there is like a million different levels of membership on here. Basic, Gold, Platinum , Moderator, "SUPER" Moderator, whatever the hell that is, and who knows what else. So Mall Ninjas can just pay whatever they want and feel important on here. So if that's the case, I don't want to fit in with a bunch of poser, mall ninjas!!

Back